Emerald Princess - TV Input

diverward

Sailing on the Emerald Princess soon. Would like to know what the input for the TV is? Is it an HDMI connection or just regular A/V connection? If it is an HDMI connection I understand this can be unplugged and I can plug my own HDMI cable into the connector. Just like on the Royal/Regal. Is this correct? No need to switch input source. All answers pertaining to this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Quote" They definitely have a spare HDMI input. Ne need to carry a universal remote tuner to switch inputs."

Thanks for your replies. Does it mean that I can use the TV remote in the cabin to change the source input? Or do I still have to unplug the HDMI cable going into the TV and put mine in? Thanks again for the information.

Quote" They definitely have a spare HDMI input. Ne need to carry a universal remote tuner to switch inputs."

Thanks for your replies. Does it mean that I can use the TV remote in the cabin to change the source input? Or do I still have to unplug the HDMI cable going into the TV and put mine in? Thanks again for the information.

You can use their TV remote to switch input and no need to change the input similar to the Regal and Royal since they have an unused HDMI input you can use.

They also connect to the TV using a coax cable, not HDMI like the Regal and Royal.

I used to have photo's and if I can locate them, I'll post them.

The only difficult part of connecting to their TV is that some of them are mounted tighter than others on the shelf & you might have to use a chair to stand on to go over the top to reach the input.

While I'm happy for the folks who want this feature I have always wondered why in the world it is desired. I can't imagine wanting to take along video I can watch at home any time I feel like and then feeling the desire or need to watch it in my cabin while I'm cruising. It just makes no sense to me. Obviously it must make sense to a lot of others but I just don't understand why.

To each his own...

Obviously it must make sense to a lot of others but I just don't understand why.

To each his own...

Don't you ever like to watch a movie before going to sleep at night? It's just so nice to have the ability to stop it when you want & pick it up at another time. While on the Royal class ships they offer a wide selection of movies but on the Emerald their selection is very much limited and you have to watch them at the time they broadcast them.

In the past on the Emerald & other older Princess ship I've seen bits & pieces of so many movies that I just gave up on watching them altogether.

As you say, to each his own.