Dinner in The Buffet on QE/QV Question

janny444

Sorry I wasn't clear in my original post. We booked our cruise last minute and early dining is full. We are one hundred something on the wait list for early dining. The problem is that our 2 year old usually goes to bed at 7:30, so our 8 pm dining slot is going to be a challenge.

There are a couple of possible solutions - we will ask on the ship if they can help us switch dining times. Plus cunards kids club takes 2 year olds so if the kids club is open during dinner, I can feed the kids at the buffet early and then have dinner alone with my husband in a specialty restaurant(by 8 pm one of us will need to supervise the 2 year old in bed so we'd need to eat early). But I called Cunard and they've told me they don't know how long the kids club is closed for the staff dinner beak. That information won't be available until we are on the ship. If the dinner break is 1 hour like princess, we will be fine since I can feed the kids in the buffet and then have dinner with my husband. If the dinner break is 2.5 hours like it was on Holland America, I'm not really sure what we will do since my husband really wants a sit down dinner. All of the suites were sold out at the time of our booking so that's not an option either. My kids like to eat ethnic food, so the themed restaurants wouldn't be a bad option. On ncl, when my oldest was 3 they charged half price if a kid ate off the specialty menu and his meal was free if he ate off the kids menu. He loved the Brazilian restaurant and did well in all the specialty restaurants but it was only 10 per night for him, so that was pretty reasonable. Plus he ate in the buffet a few nights and then my husband and I got dinner alone afterwards. hopefully we will either be able to have our dining switched on board, or find out the kids club closure is one hour long in which case the problem will be solved.