Jewel of the Seas - Europe/Transatlantic options - please help us decide

DW and I will be on Adventure this June and will likely book our next cruise while on-board (it's become a habit). We've never sailed Jewel and usually choose a Junior Suite (which are unfortunately below the pool deck on this ship, an experience that was less than optimal when we cruised Enchantment in 2015).

She's interested in the Greek Isles and it looks like the 7-night and 9-night cruises cost nearly the same, so I think we'd do the 9 if our schedules and the flights work out okay.

However, then I noticed there's an interesting 7-night Western Mediterranean option and, even though we did some of those ports on Splendour in 1999, it's something we're also considering.

What's really intriguing (especially price-wise) are the two Transatlantic options, with 14-night Eastbound looking more interesting than 12-night Westbound because of the number of ports ... though all the cruising days look ominous on a smaller RCI ship with fewer activities.

I'm sure we would love any of these choices, so we're looking for input from anyone whose done any of these options, especially if you've experienced more than 1 of them.

I did the 7 night Greek Isles on Jewel last year and loved it! Santorini has become one of my favourite places and I would love to go back there! We were in a GS on deck 10 and heard almost no noise from the deck above, which we were quite surprised about.

Don't think I could help you choose one over the other because whilst you lose Katakolon on the 9 nighter, you gain Naples which is equally as good in my opinion (I'm not including Messina in this because its not a great port in my opinion) and I've never done a TA so won't be any help there. I will however be doing many of the Western Med ports on my next cruise in July on Navigator. Corsica is meant to be amazing and I've always wanted to do Sardinia. Palma is a great stop too - always plenty to do there or places to go to within easy reach.

Sorry I'm not much help am I? :p

Yes, absolutely, thanks!

Good to know about Deck 10 noise, or lack thereof;-) it obviously depends where the suite is located ... on Enchantment, we were right under the Solarium, lots of chair and table movement overhead at all hours (presumably by crew straightening in the wee hours).

And good to know aboutthe port(s) too. Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I think we were in 1048 which is the left side of the ship and if I remember correctly it was fairly shaded and we would have preferred it a bit more sunny. I don't recall which side was better for views as we were going into or out of port though - if that's what you mean.

If you'd like any more info on any of the ports you're looking into, just ask - though we didn't get off in Mykonos because I had a back problem that day and didn't fancy getting into and out of a water taxi and making it worse.

TA westbound on the Brilliance last year was lovely - but we don't need a lot of activities. On that crossing there was a bridge instructor so we played each afternoon during sea days. We wanted to relax and enjoy the sea which we did - plenty of time to read, play putt putt, trivia and take dance classes.

I think we were in 1048 which is the left side of the ship and if I remember correctly it was fairly shaded and we would have preferred it a bit more sunny. I don't recall which side was better for views as we were going into or out of port though - if that's what you mean.

If you'd like any more info on any of the ports you're looking into, just ask - though we didn't get off in Mykonos because I had a back problem that day and didn't fancy getting into and out of a water taxi and making it worse.

Thanks! I will follow-up with questions about the ports once we make our decision.

TA westbound on the Brilliance last year was lovely - but we don't need a lot of activities. On that crossing there was a bridge instructor so we played each afternoon during sea days. We wanted to relax and enjoy the sea which we did - plenty of time to read, play putt putt, trivia and take dance classes.

Thanks so much for your response! We're just past our mid-50's, did you find the TA cruise to be an older crowd in general?

Just did both Jewel transatlantic last year in JS and owner suites and no noise and loved it so much, we will board again for the transatlantic in April

Thanks so much for responding gagirl, we hail from Marietta.

Can you share more about why you loved it so much, the Eastbound leg in particular: the ports, extra on-board activities, etc.?