How formal is formal on Pacific Princess Panama Canal cruise?

pal88

Of course you'll see guys in tuxes and many with so a suit or sport jacket will suffice. They'll also be a good number of guys with more relaxed clothing such as dress pants with a dress shirt, polo or a guayabera shirt which seems to be the trend lately on Princess.

I've sailed on the Pacific and the former Ocean Princess, both in Europe. In these instances there was more adherence to a formal dress code. However, there were many Europeans on board and they tend to be more traditional when it comes to this topic. Even so, given the "typical" demographic on the Pacific Princess (i.e. more seasoned traditional cruisers not looking for all of the bells and whistles) I'm guessing there will be a higher percentage that dresses formally than on on Island or Coral Princess (or Caribbean Princess next year).

The Pacific Princess is quite different from other Princess ships. It is far more formal than, for instance, the Island Princess. You'll be very much out of place without at least a dark suit. There'll be tuxes, more than on other Princess ships. Very few, if any, without a jacket.