Excursions from Bandol

etw

My husband and I will be on the Seabourn Encore end of May and one of the stops is Bandol, France. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do there? I like to look at local tour groups but haven't had much luck as it seems the bigger ships go to Toulon. Any advice would be appreciated! We'd rather not spend more than $100 pp so hiring a private car isn't an option.

We did stopped at Bandol last July on Seabourn Sojourn. I organised a tour with Bandol Wine Tours. We did the Gourmet lunch tour and we really enjoyed it. It ended up being a group of six as two other couples booked as well. I see he has a tour for under a $100pp so you could try him.

http://bandolwinetours.com/english/shore-excursions.html

I would contact him sooner rather then later, as we tried booking him a few weeks before our cruise the year prior (2015) and he was booked out for all tours.

So we just wandered the town which had some nice little restaurants in the streets behind the the main street which faces the little beach and port area. The restaurants don't open until after midday. We enjoyed our meal of Moulles Frittes. We also went to the wine tasting place in town, but to us it was only really showcasing the wines from their winery and only held our interest for less then half an hour. This may have changed in two years.

I hope this helps.

Julie

We took the Seabourn excursion to Le Castellet and wine tasting and really enjoyed it. Le Castellet is a beautiful Medieval village with great views over the countryside. We had time to stop at one of the cafes and sip some of our favorite Bandol rosés. Can't remember how much it cost.

We stayed for a bit at Bandol afterwards and walked around the town.