Shopping near 17th St Embassy Suites, FLL?

CruiseMark

Thank to all the great information on this board, I know there are a ton of restaurants around the 17th St Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale, as well as a Publix. While we're there though, we'd like to pick up swimsuits for the kids.

Could someone tell me if there is shopping for this kind of thing within easy walking distance? (we won't have a car).

There are dozens of small shops in the various strip malls that sell all sorts of things. I'm not sure about kids swimsuits, but I can't even remember what half of all the little stores are. I'm in that area every 2-3 days though. I'll drive through, look, and let you know if no one else comes up with something before I get over there.

Mark, there are a couple of dive shops that look like they might have some swimsuits, a men's store that may as well, a couple of clothing stores that sell "yacht wear", but your best bet for something close to Embassy Suites is probably a small "Beach Store" in the older strip mall a block east of Embassy Suites. It's in the same wing as Tara Steak & Lobster, towards the back of the mall from Tara. I don't know how much of a selection they have, but they had some in the front window.

If that doesn't work out you could take the Water Taxi from there (the stop is under the SE 17th Street bridge in front of the Marina Marriott) to the beach at and just north of Las Olas Blvd. There are a number of stores that sell swimsuits, t-shirts, etc. in that area as well as in Beach Place.

You can also take the Water Taxi a couple of stops farther north to the Doubletree Guest Suites and walk a block west to the Galleria Mall... http://www.galleriamall-fl.com/

Water Taxi info... http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp

Hi Mark,:) I cannot think of the name of it but Trent is correct, there

are many shops along Las Olas Blvd. There is a one that specically

sells bathing suits and I have been there. Sorry I can't think of the

name:rolleyes: my mind is not all here LOL.....but if you stroll along the

Blvd you will run into it. They have lots of choices along with cover-ups,

etc.

Archived