Great Bay Beach VS Little Bay?

Music and people watch--Great Bay, although not sure what music gets heard amongst the rumble.

More peace and quiet--Little Bay. Still people to watch just not as many. Bring your own music.

You'll not see the pollution in Great Bay unless there's been a recent spillage of overflow. It's mostly microbiotic. You're not going to smell it along the boardwalk. But it is present and does get mixed around by the currents and tides. Mostly an "EEWWWEE!" factor. So if you do go to GB and along the board walk just take a shower when you get back to the ship. You'll want to wash the salt off anyway.

We were planning on going to Great Bay Beach until I read about the pollution??!! Is this truly an issue? If so, is Little Bay quiet? LOL We like music and to people watch etc

It will be myself, my husband and our 18 yr old son.....thanks!

People watching beach to me = Orient and Maho as well because it's fun watching newbies see the planes land.

Little Bay is not a people watching beach and Great Bay is not a swimming beach to me.

If the planes do not interest you then Orient is my suggestion.

Music and people watch--Great Bay, although not sure what music gets heard amongst the rumble.

More peace and quiet--Little Bay. Still people to watch just not as many. Bring your own music.

You'll not see the pollution in Great Bay unless there's been a recent spillage of overflow. It's mostly microbiotic. You're not going to smell it along the boardwalk. But it is present and does get mixed around by the currents and tides. Mostly an "EEWWWEE!" factor. So if you do go to GB and along the board walk just take a shower when you get back to the ship. You'll want to wash the salt off anyway.

So this is one of the things I've been reading about for years but on this trip actually going to Great Bay as we will have grandkids with us so leaning Great Bay Beach vs. Orient Beach but unsure because of the pollution. Is there any way of knowing before hand what the water is like? Also, with the kids being in their early teens is this the best beach for them?

People watching beach to me = Orient and Maho as well because it's fun watching newbies see the planes land.

Little Bay is not a people watching beach and Great Bay is not a swimming beach to me.

If it was just my husband and I, I would choose Orient, but since my son is coming, I really don't want the awkwardness of topless women, my husband agreed....LOL.

Does Great Bay have any oil or gross stuff in the water from the cruise ships?

How is Maho beach, seperate from the planes landing? I do need shade, are there any umbrellas to rent and also restrooms?

Is there a certain landmark/place that is the best here, for getting drinks, umbrellas, etc?

Edited by BaileyandBella

Orient is also great people watching, as you see newbies having a few drinks and wandering into the clothing optional section of Orient.

gary

How is Maho beach, seperate from the planes landing? I do need shade, are there any umbrellas to rent and also restrooms?

Is there a certain landmark/place that is the best here, for getting drinks, umbrellas, etc?

There are umbrellas to rent.

Our preference is Driftwood, but they only have a porta-potty.

Sunset is more expensive, but has real restrooms.

gary

If it was just my husband and I, I would choose Orient, but since my son is coming, I really don't want the awkwardness of topless women, my husband agreed....LOL.

Does Great Bay have any oil or gross stuff in the water from the cruise ships?

There is usually no VISIBLE pollution across Great Bay, but obviously, that's not the problem.

You may come across topless on any French-side beach and many Dutch-side beaches.

Orient is 1.3 miles long, and the clothing OPTIONAL section is a tiny .3 miles at the southern edge of the beach.

gary