????s about beaches, snorkeling, and water toys

Crew32

To anyone who can answer. Lots of questions... sorry

I am having a tough time trying to figure out what to do in Costa Maya. And since my cruise is only 16 days away, and Carnival isn't being too helpful about times and excursion info, I am forced to beg for help!!!

There are a few things I want to do there. Visit a beach, preferably with kayaking, jet ski and/or jet boats available, and snorkel, either a quick "boat" trip or off the beach (if it is good)

I am interested in 2 excursions...

1) clear kayak.... where does this go?

2) boat blast... how is the snorkeling area that they take you to?

Of course doing both these excursions will be quite a bit of $$$.

Do i need to go to uvero beach (excursion), to do this stuff? Or is the beach in town (on my own) comparable for snorkeling (as opposed to the boat blast) and does it have water sports? I am NOT interested in an open bar. I just want to chill and play at my leisure. My gf is not interested in snorkeling, but willing to do the boat blast and hang out while i snorkel for 45 minutes, but a beach with good snorkeling and stuff to rent, would probably work better. I LOVE the idea of a 2 person boat, as she is not likely to want to jet ski, anyplace to rent these in town??

any help would be appreciated, as I would prefer not to spend the money that doing both those excursions would cost, especially if we could have just as much fun on our own with our own time schedule

Thanks!!!!

Surely someone has some information to help me. I have done searches and read many many threads, but cannot find answers to my specific questions. Please someone, who is familar with the area and activities available, help me.

Thank you

Crew32:

........we are also trying to find some info on snorkling in Costa Maya. We will be on the LOS the week of Dec 17th.....

Would love to hear where the best reef would be?! I think someone said something about Belize...

Info from anyone good or bad would be helpful.

Thanks.....

We are going through a private company that does the Tequila beach club break. It got great reviews and they said we could get a full refund if the ship did not go there for any reason.

They have been responsive over email as well.

we reserved snorkelling, parasailing and wave runners for DEcember 20 as part of the Carnival Victory. We reserved online with Mayahualtours.com.

Good luck!

Archived