Which Internet Package?

tchrsbnz

I need a little advice. I will be sailing on the Breakaway in October. I plan to send about 5 texts per day on a 7 day cruise just to keep in touch. Other than that, I won't use any internet. Would the 300 mb package be sufficient or would I need the 1000mb? What has worked best for those of you that have had either of those packages?

Assuming you are using paid WiFi onboard the BA, not cellular data, for simple text msg. daily and not leaving it ON 24/7 - 300 MB is plentiful, equivalent of 300 minutes ... based on the current plan.

NCL is in the process of changing and rolling out a newer 3-tier plan, including a social media text only messaging (no pictures or graphics) for $5 a day (someone reported it at $10 a day). Some messaging app will "push" them out to the subscriber while others will deliver when logged in and you won't missed the messages (Skype, FB messenger or Hangouts and similiar VoIP apps).

My advice, check back here a month before your sailing to see what's the latest offering and package pricing, etc. You can always add another 300 MB to your plan if the initial 300 MB isn't enough. No credits or refunds given to unused data.

Assuming you are using paid WiFi onboard the BA, not cellular data, for simple text msg. daily and not leaving it ON 24/7 - 300 MB is plentiful, equivalent of 300 minutes ... based on the current plan.

NCL is in the process of changing and rolling out a newer 3-tier plan, including a social media text only messaging (no pictures or graphics) for $5 a day (someone reported it at $10 a day). Some messaging app will "push" them out to the subscriber while others will deliver when logged in and you won't missed the messages (Skype, FB messenger or Hangouts and similiar VoIP apps).

My advice, check back here a month before your sailing to see what's the latest offering and package pricing, etc. You can always add another 300 MB to your plan if the initial 300 MB isn't enough. No credits or refunds given to unused data.

Thank you much for those tips! I was thinking that 300 might be enough. I've never purchased a data plan on a cruise, but traveling solo, I think I'll be expected to keep in touch!