Online or at the dock?

Jayla

:confused: I have seen that some members have talked about the long lines at the boarding docks for those who registered online...And what i was wondering is if I would be better off NOT doing my registration online. My travel agent has told me that i should go online to do my sign and sail pass thing . Is their something else that has to be done online as far as check in? And am i better off doing everything at the dock?...will lines be shorter? What are some of the experiences some of you have had with this?:confused:

thanks!:cool:

I just got off the Sovereign of the Seas docked at Port Canaveral in Florida. I did everything on-line and had it in hand along with my customs card filled out that you get when you get your docks.....its a beige card. I didn't have to wait at all.....it was wonderful. I was in line for about 2-3 minutes, then at the counter, then on the ship. I would highly recommend doing your sign and sail form on line and having it with you. There is a totally different line that you can go stand in. Best of luck and have a blast on your cruise!

Unfortunately, I think you are required to fill them out now. They used to be the required pre-boarding documents. If you don't have a computer or fax, I think you can still just fill out the pre-boarding documents.

But I think the required online pre-boarding documents have now become the SetSail pass. I could be wrong, but I don't think you have a choice now. :)

And it should actually save you time at most locations.

In October for Brilliance I filled out the online Set Sail pass. We had a special line at the dock. We were Gold C&A members then in a regular balcony cabin so we didn't qualify for any priority boarding. The line was a little long but we had arrived around 3:30 for a 7 PM sail so I think that was the peak check-in time. It took us around 40 minutes to get through the line and check in. We made it through faster than the people who didn't have the Set Sail pass, even though that line was shorter.

Archived