All-inclusive resort vs All- inclusive Beach Clubs

syndyj

I would love to hear the pros and cons of spending the day at an all-inclusive hotel or doing all inclusive at one of the beach clubs. The prices of the AI hotels seem to range from $30.00 to $50.00 for unlimited drinks, snacks,lunch and the Beach Clubs $32.00 to $40.00 with all drinks and a lunch.

I know some of the hotels will not be open very soon, but we are sailing in 2006. Much appreciate any info, thanks!

Hi Syndy, we like doing the same thing at a resort for a few hours after we're done touring etc, going back and forth from the pool to the beach, and getting drinks and snacks. We saw the same prices at many resorts in Coz, around $40-75 p.p. all-incl, but I don't think we could eat and drink that much in a few hours, we'd rather buy them a la carte. So we noticed the El Cid La Ceiba offers $25 all-incl but also $10.50 w/o A.I., their web shots seem pretty nice, probably 3-4 star, hope they didn't get trashed by Wilma.

What have you found so far?

Hey you sure book well ahead! :-)

-Bob

Hi Syndy, we like doing the same thing at a resort for a few hours after we're done touring etc, going back and forth from the pool to the beach, and getting drinks and snacks. We saw the same prices at many resorts in Coz, around $40-75 p.p. all-incl, but I don't think we could eat and drink that much in a few hours, we'd rather buy them a la carte. So we noticed the El Cid La Ceiba offers $25 all-incl but also $10.50 w/o A.I., their web shots seem pretty nice, probably 3-4 star, hope they didn't get trashed by Wilma.

What have you found so far?

Hey you sure book well ahead! :-)

-Bob

Hi Bob,

haven't found anything as yet but I did a search of previous posts on All inclusive resorts and people tend to visit the Melia or Allegro. Since we are pretty far out, November 2006, I haven't emailed any hotels as yet.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had an experience with the AI hotels and beach clubs. I tend to do lots of research before deciding on what I am going to do on the island.Thanks for the link.

Bob, we will be going in November 2006, barring another terrible hurricane season like this year, I am thinking things should be back to normal on Cozumel.

Hi Bob,

haven't found anything as yet but I did a search of previous posts on All inclusive resorts and people tend to visit the Melia or Allegro. Since we are pretty far out, November 2006, I haven't emailed any hotels as yet.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had an experience with the AI hotels and beach clubs. I tend to do lots of research before deciding on what I am going to do on the island.Thanks for the link.

Bob, we will be going in November 2006, barring another terrible hurricane season like this year, I am thinking things should be back to normal on Cozumel.

Hi Syndy,

Yes we do alot of researching too, with little time in port there isn't much time to figure things out after ya get there. I saw posts that the Melia was $40 p.p. all-incl, and the Occidental Allegro was $50, same as the Occidental Grand. The Reef Club was cheaper, $30, and the Coz Palace was $75, just what you'd expect to pay at a palace I guess :-(( Haven't seen any rates for Iberostar, Coral Princess, El Cozumeleno, Fiesta Amer, or Presidente Intercontinental.

We've been spoiled not having to pay any fee at some places in the Caribb, and at all ports on the Mex Riv last spring, lovely resorts.

If you find more info, post it and I will too. We go ahead of you, in March. Things should be fine when you get there, more iffy for us.

-Bob

• 6 months later...

I just heard from El Cozumeleno.

It is $53.00 per adult.

$26.50 per child.

I have previously visited The Grand Cozumel on a day pass.

I have a review somewhere, if anyone is interested. I can dig it up. :)

Archived