Escape - Harvest Key

abisha

Will be on the Escape sailing May 27th and will be going to Harvest Key. For those of you who have been, is there much shade by the pool area? In looking at pictures online, it seems very sparse as far as shade or even the amount of umbrellas vs. number of passengers.

I also noticed there are clamshells. Are those available for rent? And if so, where would I go and how much? Are those clamshells situated close to the pavement (in other words... where the sand of the beach meets the pavement of the pool)? This is relatively important as hubby uses a mobility scooter, so he would need to park the scooter on the pavement as it cannot go onto the sand.

Any info, photos, comments about Harvest Key would be welcome. Thanks.

I was on Harvest Cay on the Feb 26th sailing of the Getaway. The pool area was pretty crowded and the shady areas and umbrellas were pretty well taken early in the morning. There was much better availability of umbrellas and clamshell loungers in the beach area, you just needed to be willing to walk a bit. It was pretty windy the day that I was there so going in the ocean was not an attractive option. The pool was big, but crowded. The one thing I did not like about the pool area was the very loud music coming from the bar. Even 100 yards away it was loud enough so that reading a book was not a very relaxing experience.