Honeymooning on RC

AlDubya

I'm going to be getting married in September of next year, and my soon to be wife and I are going on the Freedom of the Seas cruise (we've been on other RCI cruises).

Anyway, I was wondering if RCI does anything special for honeymooners? For example, I have a lot of friends who have done the Sandals all-inclusive resort thing, and they've all stated that you should just book the regular room, and then tell them you're on a honeymoon when you get there, and they'll upgrade you to a deluxe ocean view room (free of charge).

Now, I don't expect RCI to do this, as I'm sure there won't be any extra rooms, and we already have a balcony room anyway. However, I was wondering if there were any little extra perks they would do for you if they were made aware of the fact you were on your honeymoon?

We did our honeymoon on the Monarch is Sept of 98. They said it was close to the record but we had 265 honeymooning couples on that cruise. It was enough that they had a little cocktail party just for the honeymooners. They had a large heart shaped cake and they took our pictures with the cake. it was nice. they even joked that with the large number of us aboard, they had to make sure that they put even numbers of us on each side of the ship to keep it level at night.

That's excellent. That's an amazing amount of honeymooning couples on one cruise. It's nice that they did something like that for you guys.

I've always found RCI to be very accommodating... although I have only been on 3 cruises with them.

We had our honeymoon on AOS , there were several honeymooners but nothing extra was done apart from an announcement that there were X amount of honeymooners onboard. We did get our table for two and were not charged a corkage fee for the champagne we brought for dinner.

It isnt unusual to have over 100 honeymoon couples on a ship at one time but I also think that 265 is a very high number. 20% of the people on the ship are honeymooning. And you thought the hurricanes were making the ship rock back and forth!!!!! :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Back to getting serious.....Are you sure you want to go on a cruise ship in September after 20-something storms this year? I would buy cruise insurance as well as buy the airfare through the cruise line in case you are delayed. If your ship comes back a day late, you could pay a lot of money to get home if you don't. I think it is worth spending the extra $200 or so for it. RCCL does sell "Honeymoon packages" on thier website for your cruise. www.rccl.com

Well, I think this year was more a freak occurance, than something to be continually concerned about.

I'm not to worried, as we're scheduled to fly down there on Saturday (ship leaves 5pm sunday), and while we do have a flight on Sunday, it's not taking us back home, but to Orlando, where we'll spend a couple of days in Disney World.

If worst comes to worst, and we miss our flight out of Miami to Orlando, we'll simply rent a car and drive the 3-4 hours up to Orlando.

I'm going to be getting married in September of next year, and my soon to be wife and I are going on the Freedom of the Seas cruise (we've been on other RCI cruises).

Anyway, I was wondering if RCI does anything special for honeymooners? For example, I have a lot of friends who have done the Sandals all-inclusive resort thing, and they've all stated that you should just book the regular room, and then tell them you're on a honeymoon when you get there, and they'll upgrade you to a deluxe ocean view room (free of charge).

Now, I don't expect RCI to do this, as I'm sure there won't be any extra rooms, and we already have a balcony room anyway. However, I was wondering if there were any little extra perks they would do for you if they were made aware of the fact you were on your honeymoon?

My Husband and I took our Honeymoon last October on the EOS. I remember hoping the same thing. But, much to our dismay we received no special treatment. Our room steward, however, did bring us robes when he learned that it was our honeymoon. My husband had the room decorated for our arrival. You could always go online and order the romance package for you and your new bride to make it extra special.

Congratulations! Enjoy!

At the honeymooner party we were on (on EOS) they had the giant heart-shaped cake, chocolate dipped strawberries and free champagne. They also did a draw for a bottle of champagne, and another for a dinner for two in Chops or Portofino's.

We tried to work the 'we're on our honeymoon!' angle wherever we could (anyone remember the 'Friends' episode with Chandler and Monica on their honeymoon trying to get all the upgrades and extras??? ;) ) but only ever ended up getting a cake and a song in the dining room. No room upgrades and special treatment anywhere else.

I sailed NOS for my honeymoon in May of this year. We too did not get anything special added on unless we paid for it.

Our room steward DID bring us a cake on the first night that said congrats! but I didnt get the feeling it was a regular occurance.

I do believe there were over 100 HMs on our cruise as well. Very common.

Archived