WiFi on the Enchantment

ellikitten

My cruise on EOS in Jan (yay :D ) will be the first with my laptop. I was wondering if anyone could provide details as to how the wifi works. I know there are "hot spots" throughout the ship, but is there any sort of charge involved with this?

Thanks for your assistance!

~elli

I used wifi on the Radiance recently - there is definitely a charge. But you could (at least on the Radiance) buy minutes - it was something like 180 minutes for $59.00, working out to $.33 a minute instead of the regular $.50 a minute. When I used the ship's computers the rate was good there also since I bought the package. I didn't bring my laptop - I had my pocket pc with me. Didn't always work to send email, but I was able to receive it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Croozin. So would the 180min package be the minimum you can purchase?

Thanks again!

~elli

No you can purchase blocks of fewer minutes. The price you pay will depend on which package you purchase and range, if I remember correctly, from 42 to 33 cents per minute.

The first block that I bought was $35.00, I think - or $.39 a minute. I believe there were 3 different packages you could buy.

Also, you just go to the internet area on the ship and sign up there for wireless (at least on the Radiance). You have to choose a user name and password.

We were on a 14 night cruise and I got the $35.00 and then the $59.00 packages. With our coupon book I saved $20.00 (two $10.00 coupons). Now that I think about it, it was $50.00 for 150 minutes. I went over my minutes at the end of the cruise when I was checking in for our flight home - so it cost me another $3.30 for 10 additional minutes.

Hope this helps.

Long time Cruiser, there is WiFi on the Enchantment....I used it last month with the costs being those quoted by NEGC and CS. It is only usable in the vicinity of the Centrum.. .....Next time I will leave my laptop at home as there is no price advantage to using my own versus the ship's.

Archived