Current Drink Prices on Summit?

volk904

• 3 weeks later...

We cruised the Summit in March, 2017. I didn't see any 16 oz cans of beer.

When the five day cruise started:

"Classic" (Bud, Coors, etc) 12 oz bottles of beer were $5.50/ea plus an obligatory 18% tip = $6.49.

Premium 12 oz bottled beers $6 to $7.50 plus tip.

"Mixed drinks", including vodka tonics with house vodka $8 plus tip.

I discovered the five beer buckets of "Classics" for the price of four at the aft Sunset Bar. After my first order with a supplemental tip the bartender gave me six per bucket.

On the third day, on TV, the booze master announced that all "Classic beers and cocktails" would be $5 plus tip for the rest of the cruise. Some bartenders said vodka tonics are "mixed drinks", not cocktails, and would charge $8 or $7, but some charged $5. Why $7? I don't know. A couple still charged me $5.50 for a Classic but corrected it when I asked them to.

I didn't get a $45 plus tip package, not figuring to average over eight beers per day. It's intended for one particular person only. Not sure how bartenders know if you're the legit owner of a package. That one person can only buy one drink at a time. It would have paid off for us if I made additional bar visits to get drinks for my wife. There was a plethora of staff walking around pushing the packages on the first day.

The Celebrity FAQ said you are allowed to bring "two bottles of wine on board per stateroom". We thought about bringing magnums but finally e-mailed asking if there's a size limit. The answer, "750 ml". I see that it now says, "limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom."

Free glasses of champagne on boarding.

"Not sure how bartenders know if you're the legit owner of a package."

They can see your photo every time you buy a drink, so if you are using someone else's card or you give your card to someone else to use, they will know.

"That one person can only buy one drink at a time. It would have paid off for us if I made additional bar visits to get drinks for my wife."

Sharing packages is not allowed. If caught, you risk forfeiting the entire package.

We cruised the Summit in March, 2017. I didn't see any 16 oz cans of beer.

When the five day cruise started:

"Classic" (Bud, Coors, etc) 12 oz bottles of beer were $5.50/ea plus an obligatory 18% tip = $6.49.

Premium 12 oz bottled beers $6 to $7.50 plus tip.

"Mixed drinks", including vodka tonics with house vodka $8 plus tip.

I discovered the five beer buckets of "Classics" for the price of four at the aft Sunset Bar. After my first order with a supplemental tip the bartender gave me six per bucket.

On the third day, on TV, the booze master announced that all "Classic beers and cocktails" would be $5 plus tip for the rest of the cruise. Some bartenders said vodka tonics are "mixed drinks", not cocktails, and would charge $8 or $7, but some charged $5. Why $7? I don't know. A couple still charged me $5.50 for a Classic but corrected it when I asked them to.

I didn't get a $45 plus tip package, not figuring to average over eight beers per day. It's intended for one particular person only. Not sure how bartenders know if you're the legit owner of a package. That one person can only buy one drink at a time. It would have paid off for us if I made additional bar visits to get drinks for my wife. There was a plethora of staff walking around pushing the packages on the first day.

The Celebrity FAQ said you are allowed to bring "two bottles of wine on board per stateroom". We thought about bringing magnums but finally e-mailed asking if there's a size limit. The answer, "750 ml". I see that it now says, "limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom."

Free glasses of champagne on boarding.

Thank you, this is the information I have been looking for.