Indoor Pool at QE and high tea, is there a charge?

Waihekean

As a newbie to Cunard, I have not been able to find out if the indoor pool is for general use or does it only come with a spa treatment?

I'm guessing that the high tea might be without charge, but on other ships there was always a charge for it.

The indoor pool is a spa pool and there is a charge to use it if you are not having a spa treatment.

There is no high tea served, it is just afternoon tea between 3.30 and 4.30pm, this is free of charge. It is served by waiters in the Queens Room or you can have the same scones and sandwiches up in the self service Lido.

Not sure if Cunard still does this or only does it on World voyages but in 2014 there was an "enhanced" afternoon tea held in the starboard side of the Garden Lounge. There were not many people in attendance at that price.

Here is what I wrote about it in my blog.

I mentioned that I was given a voucher for the Champagne Tea (costs $29.99 each) for two. There was a choice of Veuve Cliquot champagne (NV or Rose), a pot of tea (four choices - I had the Jasmine) and more food than two people could eat (starting with a small strawberry parfait, then six finger sandwiches, six scones [with jam and cream] and six desserts). A string quartet played while we ate and talked. It was all quite posh.

I mentioned that I was given a voucher for the Champagne Tea (costs $29.99 each) for two. I invited my Cruise Critic friend, Pat, who drove me to the ship in Southampton. There was a choice of Veuve Cliquot champagne (NV or Rose), a pot of tea (four choices - I had the Jasmine) and more food than two people could eat (starting with a small strawberry parfait, then six finger sandwiches, six scones [with jam and cream] and six desserts). A string quartet played while we ate and talked. It was all quite posh.

I mentioned that I was given a voucher for the Champagne Tea (costs $29.99 each) for two. There was a choice of Veuve Cliquot champagne (NV or Rose), a pot of tea (four choices - I had the Jasmine) and more food than two people could eat (starting with a small strawberry parfait, then six finger sandwiches, six scones [with jam and cream] and six desserts). A string quartet played while we ate and talked. It was all quite posh.