Escape Review - March 18-25, 2017/Spring Break

williecruz

I had such a great time meeting you guys and hanging out in Vibe all week! I'm still in post-cruise depression and have been researching nonstop for my next one. Loving the review so far and can't wait to read the rest.

Nate!!! We enjoyed sailing with you!! It was fun running into you all week! It took us about 2.5 days to book another cruise (for Thanksgiving this year).. the depression was too much to handle! ;) Let's keep in touch!

Day Four

St. Thomas

View from our balcony as we woke up

enhance

Beautiful sunrise as we were arriving into St. Thomas.

Watched the Pilot boat--hitching a ride on Escape!

enhance

We didn't have scheduled plans until the afternoon so we enjoyed Vibe a little in the morning after breakfast.

Typically in St. Thomas we catch a cab to Sapphire Beach for a few hours. This trip we decided to book a sailboat excursion (not through the ship). After much research on TripAdvisor I landed on The Fury. The Fury schedules a morning and an afternoon sailing to Buck Island for swimming with sea turtles/snorkeling/etc. It's a quick walk from the ship to the dock (Yacht Haven Grande). You meet at the Fat Turtle (bar/restaurant) for the captain. We got a quick drink while waiting--super nice staff.

Fat Turtle

enhance

Captain Mike met us outside the restaurant to sign papers and pay our balance for the sailing. ($75pp if paid in cash) We sailed out of the harbor and towards Buck Island (approx. 45-60min). He anchors with a few other boats but tries to keep off to the side for more privacy and room to swim.

The Fury

enhance

Home of the turtles...

enhance

More legs than turtles at the start...

enhance

There's one... eating

enhance

Another one swimming up for air

enhance

Ok, there wasn't an abundant amount of turtles and they weren't the largest I've seen but it was still good to see some in their natural habitat. We probably saw about 5-7 turtles in total. We also saw a few interesting fish and a sting ray. The snorkeling lasted about an hour with a few minutes of rinsing off, gear off and partaking of a few granola bars provided by Mike and his first mate Jessica. Mike was strict with his rules (which he had to be with the amount of kids on the boat) and Jessica was such a pleasure! She got in the water and swam with everyone.. guiding them to see the best parts. We took off back toward the harbor for a lovely sail as the sun was making it's descent. The sail back was the best part.

Sails up

enhance

Nate!!! We enjoyed sailing with you!! It was fun running into you all week! It took us about 2.5 days to book another cruise (for Thanksgiving this year).. the depression was too much to handle! ;) Let's keep in touch!

I see that in your signature! Y'all must know everyone on the Escape by now! I think Jeff from Vibe will be doing the Escape over Thanksgiving as well. He's either doing Escape or Epic.

I'm looking forward to reading about what you guys did in Tortola...since I didn't make it off the ship ;)

Just a few questions...

We're leaving on the Escape (first time with NCL) in 9 days.

1. What is a Vibe pass? How much is it? Why is Vibe better than the adult only area (Spice H20 maybe?)?

2. There are 4 of us - hubby and I with our 2 kids ages 5 & 10. We want to go to a beach and maybe Paradise Point in St. Thomas. We wanted to do JVD in Tortola, but can't seem to find an excursion that they will allow the 5 year old on. Any suggestions?

3. Crazy question, but in the Japanese specialty dining restaurant, do they serve the white "shrimp" sauce that most Japanese restaurants serve? I didn't see a combo of steak and shrimp on the menu...will they do that as a combo?

Thanks!

Just a few questions...

We're leaving on the Escape (first time with NCL) in 9 days.

1. What is a Vibe pass? How much is it? Why is Vibe better than the adult only area (Spice H20 maybe?)?

2. There are 4 of us - hubby and I with our 2 kids ages 5 & 10. We want to go to a beach and maybe Paradise Point in St. Thomas. We wanted to do JVD in Tortola, but can't seem to find an excursion that they will allow the 5 year old on. Any suggestions?

3. Crazy question, but in the Japanese specialty dining restaurant, do they serve the white "shrimp" sauce that most Japanese restaurants serve? I didn't see a combo of steak and shrimp on the menu...will they do that as a combo?

Thanks!

Hello:

First, make sure you check out the Roll Call for our trip. We are having a Meet and Mingle with the crew and all the details are here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2409137

In regard to the Vibe passes, they are $100 each and are adults only. It is a private area limited to I believe around 100 people.

For going to JVD, you can do what we did and rent a boat and captain to take you from St Thomas or Tortola.

On the Breakaway, yes, they had that yummy sauce that I would put on everything!

Cheers,

Eric

Hello:

First, make sure you check out the Roll Call for our trip. We are having a Meet and Mingle with the crew and all the details are here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2409137

In regard to the Vibe passes, they are $100 each and are adults only. It is a private area limited to I believe around 100 people.

For going to JVD, you can do what we did and rent a boat and captain to take you from St Thomas or Tortola.

On the Breakaway, yes, they had that yummy sauce that I would put on everything!

Cheers,

Eric

Thanks, Eric. So as soon as we board the ship, where should we run to to get the Vibe passes?

How much is the boat and captain that you got to take you to JVD? Who did you book through?

Thanks, Eric. So as soon as we board the ship, where should we run to to get the Vibe passes?

How much is the boat and captain that you got to take you to JVD? Who did you book through?

Run over to Headliners to get the Vibe passes. If you don't, sometimes they sell daily ones as a splurge!

I am using beachbums boat rental. Great people and lots of options. We are doing a whole tour down there including snorkeling and visiting an island and other stuff.

See you in 9 days!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!