ISP Whale Watching

Rambler5678

DW and I have used F.I.S.H.E.S. for whale watching. Floyd is the owner of the boat and he has several years of experience finding whales. His boat only carries 6 people and it is 36 feet long. I like the smaller boat because your not joking around trying to find a spot to see and take pictures of the whale. The boat has a small cabin that six people can get in if the weather is bad. We have a group going with Floyd in August 2017.

We did a private tour thru Hoonah Travel Adventures and had an awesome trip seeing 30-40 or more whales. It was a smaller boat with only 18 people on board. Like the previous poster said, its worth the difference to have your own space to see and take pictures. Here's the link to my blog if you would like to take a look at our day in ISP:

http://ocdplannercindy.blogspot.com/#!/2014/04/2013-alaska-cruise-tour-icy-strait.html

Just booked a whale watching trip with Glacier Winds based on feedback on CC. They take 6 people max. Call directly to book (saving online booking fee).

We did that also! Very nice people and we can't wait till August! Bought me a new camera and dreaming of flukes and a whale breaching right beside the boat!

We did that also! Very nice people and we can't wait till August! Bought me a new camera and dreaming of flukes and a whale breaching right beside the boat!

Yes...it was your post on the roll call that prompted me to call!! We're 4ppl and on the 12pm cruise with Shawn.

Currently weighing Prince William Sound cruise vs Kenai Fjord cruise.

Yes...it was your post on the roll call that prompted me to call!! We're 4ppl and on the 12pm cruise with Shawn.

Currently weighing Prince William Sound cruise vs Kenai Fjord cruise.

So glad...what other things have you planned? Can't wait!