Where does the Sapphire Princess dock in PV?

pudy68

We have been there twice on Princess and once with Carnival. All three times we docked. On the Carnival trip, we saw a Celebrity ship outside the harbor that was using tenders.

If it matters, all ships use tenders in Cabo.

jlp20 - have you always docked in the same location?

Yes, There is only room for one ship at the cruise center. The area is very narrow and shares the small channel with excursion boats, a Mexican Navy ship or two and a very small marina.

Are there different ports or do all ships use the same?

Will we be tendered or are we on a dock?

There is only one port facility in PV. The port is currently undergoing a major expansion. In it's current configuration, it can only handle on large and one small ship at any given time. When complete, it will handle three large ships at a time.

I just got back from two weeks in PV and watched the arrival & departure of the ships each day. I wanted to see if they actually arrived and left according to the published schedules. (ie: ship time vs local time)

He who gets there first is not the ship that gets the dock. Oosterdam & Regal Princess always arrived first but had to tender. Ryndam was small enough that it could dock along with Vision of the Seas. I'm sure the cruise lines negotiate in advance who will have access to the dock and who will tender.

I check with http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/ to find out what ships will be in port when I vacation in PV. Shopping is better and excursion availability is better on non-boat days. The site will give you a hint of what ships will be in port but it isn't always 100% accurate. Crystal Harmony was a no-show on the 13th and a current report doesn't show the Mercury as being there on the 11th.

Bottom line ... You cruise line is likely the only people that will be able to tell you if your specific itinerary will dock or tender at any given port.

Archived