Trying to decide on Juneau excursion

ccndfw

This will be our first trip to Alaska and we are super excited! Trying to decide between excursions in Juneau in early June.... narrowed it down to the following:

- Whale Watching with Harv and Marv

- Taku lodge and glacier flight seeing

- ERA Helicopter and dog sledding

Has anyone done all of these to compare? Curious if the views from the flights are the same for the Taku Lodge and the Dog Sledding?

This will be our first trip to Alaska and we are super excited! Trying to decide between excursions in Juneau in early June.... narrowed it down to the following:

- Whale Watching with Harv and Marv

- Taku lodge and glacier flight seeing

- ERA Helicopter and dog sledding

Has anyone done all of these to compare? Curious if the views from the flights are the same for the Taku Lodge and the Dog Sledding?

We did the ERA Helicopter and dog sledding 5 years ago in late June. It was and still is my favorite excursion of all!!! Highlight of our trip--worth every penny. One word of advice...book it for the afternoon, if possible, to give the morning fog a chance to clear up. The view from the helicopter was spectacular! I have not done the Taku Lodge excursion so I cannot tell you if the view is the same. Being on top of the glacier at the dog camp was like being on another world. We had excellent weather...sunny and upper 60's. Our mushers didn't even have coats on! Enjoy!

We also struggled with Juneau as we just weren't sure which excursion to book. We decided we would do the Taku Lodge and Glacier Flightseeing excursion that leaves at 1:00 (we have to check in at 12:30). This way, if it should be cancelled due to poor visability, we can still get on a whale watching trip that afternoon with one of the companies (a back up plan). We really hope it doesn't as I would love to see Alaska and the Glacier field from the air. We're cruising out of Vancouver on the Sun June 5th and spending a few days there before we leave. One of the days were taking a trip to Victoria and may see some Orca's/Humpbacks then.....and then after the cruise, we're doing the Kenai Fjord Tour with another opportunity to possibly catch Orca's or Humpbacks so really would prefer the Taku Lodge. We're also going to be trekking on Matanuska Glacier post-cruise and that also pushed us to do Taku.

Whatever you decide....I hope you have an incredible trip!

We're going to be in Juneau on HAL in June. Tried checking on reservation with Harv and Marv, but they were all booked on that day :(

Email them from their form. When I booked last year for this summer the webworm showed as full but the tour was completely open. It might be booked now, but worth filling out the contact form or calling. Good luck.