Airport arrival time

kinderteach

We are flying in on the same day as our cruise on the Adventure of the Seas and are due to arrive in San Juan at 2:00 pm. How long does it usually take to get your luggage? Once we have secured our luggage we will be trying to get a taxi to the port. Do we do this ourselves or is there a concierge to help with this and the pricing of the ride to the pier?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Once you exit the airport there will be taxis and also vans if you don't mind sharing a ride to the pier.. easy and quick.. I believe there is a set price don't recall what it cost but am sure others here will...

We are flying in on the same day as our cruise on the Adventure of the Seas and are due to arrive in San Juan at 2:00 pm. How long does it usually take to get your luggage? Once we have secured our luggage we will be trying to get a taxi to the port. Do we do this ourselves or is there a concierge to help with this and the pricing of the ride to the pier?

How long it takes to get your luggage will depend on your carrier...but we have found that this usually goes pretty quickly. We have on occasion arrived day of cruise at approx 2:00pm from a direct flight from FLL and boarding our RCI ship.

Once you get your luggage just head to the taxi line just outside the terminal (follow the signs) Tell the person at the head of the line Pan American Pier they direct you to a taxi and give you a written form with the zone and price clearly noted...This is very organized so have no worries at all. Should take no more than approx 15-20 min. This is the cheapest and easiest way to get from OSJ to pier...also do this on the return too whether going back to OSJ or into town. Easy Easy !

San Juan Airport is like any other airport, should not take long. There is a taxi stand outside, not sure which terminal you will arrive in. Price is about $20-25 depending on luggage and amount of people.

You are arriving early enough enjoy the Old City before your cruise!

• 1 month later...
How long it takes to get your luggage will depend on your carrier...but we have found that this usually goes pretty quickly. We have on occasion arrived day of cruise at approx 2:00pm from a direct flight from FLL and boarding our RCI ship.

Once you get your luggage just head to the taxi line just outside the terminal (follow the signs) Tell the person at the head of the line Pan American Pier they direct you to a taxi and give you a written form with the zone and price clearly noted...This is very organized so have no worries at all. Should take no more than approx 15-20 min. This is the cheapest and easiest way to get from OSJ to pier...also do this on the return too whether going back to OSJ or into town. Easy Easy !

Please tell me if you think that this info you provided would also apply to a group of 15ppl or should we try to make advance arrangements?

San Juan airport can be busy, but it won't take you any longer to retrieve luggage than it would in any large city on the mainland. Within the hour you should have your bags and hopefully be on your way to the ship. The taxi line is efficient. Prices are pre-set and you will be informed of this while you wait in the taxi line. Sometimes drivers speak limited English but price and location is always given to them ahead of time, so no worries. For a larger group, you can obviously break up the group into multiple vans. Or, you can obviously hire someone ahead of time if you want. But I wouldn't.

Please tell me if you think that this info you provided would also apply to a group of 15ppl or should we try to make advance arrangements?

It will work using 2-3 mini van taxi's (which is exactly what we had for the 2 of us)..just see how many of you and luggage will fit. Absolutely no reason to pre-book transportation.