New to Princess. ?'s about Golden

Wksskier

I have been on 7 Celebrity cruises and loved them. I am planning a trip to the Southern Caribbean and the Golden itinerary caught my eye. I am trying to decide if this ship would be for me. I had a few questions.

Is there an omelet station on this ship where you can get made to order omelets for breakfast? Do they or don't they have trays in the buffet restaurant? I see conflicting reports. At dinner, does the waiter come around a dessert tray so you can look at the desserts before you choose?

Is there a band that plays music around the pool. I have seen no mention of this. What kind of pool side entertainment do they have? Does the ship have any outside parties on deck with a live band at night? Thanks so much for your help!!

Carole =^..^=

skier_e0.gif

cat7_e0.gif

pig_eating_md_wht.gif

Yes, in the Horizon Court buffet there is a omlette station cooking omlettes to order, my husband had one delivered room service too and it was still good.

The plates are platters I guess, like large plates.

Desert is just from the menu.

Yes there was a guy playing calypso music round the pool, though he played the same everyday.

Yes there was pool games too, as for the live music outside at night, I only remember on the last night there was but there could have been more.

Since you seem to have interest in the pools, remember that the pools and hot tubs have fresh water, and they are open 24/7.

Ken & Nancy dog10.gif

12/2004 - Golden Princess

10/2004 - Fantasy Fest, Key West

03/2004 - Golden Princess

01/2004 - Carnival Legend

11/2003 - Carnival Glory

03/2003 - Carnival Spirit

02/2003 - Carnival Triumph

12/2002 - Carnival Legend

04/2002 - Carnival Victory

01/2002 - Carnival Sensation

12/2000 - Carnival Tropicale

puppy.gifcountdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;12;12;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until Sailing The Golden Princess

time98.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. The Golden was our first Princess cruise and we were so impressed that cancelled existing bookings on another line and booked several more Princess cruises upon our return.

Great ship, have fun

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Sapphire Princess June '05

Caribbean Princess 09/17/05

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wksskier:

I have been on 7 Celebrity cruises and loved them. I am planning a trip to the Southern Caribbean and the Golden itinerary caught my eye. I am trying to decide if this ship would be for me. I had a few questions.

Is there an omelet station on this ship where you can get made to order omelets for breakfast? Do they or don't they have trays in the buffet restaurant? I see conflicting reports. At dinner, does the waiter come around a dessert tray so you can look at the desserts before you choose?

Is there a band that plays music around the pool. I have seen no mention of this. What kind of pool side entertainment do they have? Does the ship have any outside parties on deck with a live band at night? Thanks so much for your help!!

Carole =^..^=

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never saw a cook to order omelet station and I was looking. They do have ham and cheese omelets already made up though. The waiter does not come arround with the desert tray, but will be happy to tell you all about them as well as bring you more than one. As far as bands go, there isn't one around the adult only pool where I was at, but I thing they have a steel drum band playing by one of the pools. Personally, I'm glad there wasn't any form of "entertainment" around the adult pool as I just wanted to relax and be left alone. icon_smile.gif Finally, they have an island night. It is at the back of the ship and is a big party.

Carl

hopping-bunny.gif

escape.gif

Star Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;04;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived