Question about food portions in Speciality Restaurants

lucia1024

I want to know if you can order more than one entree or appetizer or dessert just like you can in the main dining room? Does the main dining room have a lobster night? I know my DH loves lobster and on other cruiselines we were able to order more than one lobster. I would hope if I am paying extra for a specialty restaurant that I could order more than one thing at a sitting.

Thanks for an info.

I've ordered an additional appetizer, or dessert at the specialty restaurants (Le Bistro and Cagneys) but I've never requested an additional entree.

The main dining rooms do serve lobster one night, and definitely no problem requesting more...you may want to order extra when you first place your order because they are normally small. On the Lobster night they will also have lobster available in the Specialty restaurants...at no additional charge for the lobster, so you can order it along with your main entree.

The Specialty restaurants are well worth the extra cost...enjoy!

:)

I have no idea how anyone can eat more than what they serve, I don't try to finish each course because I will be full and miss dessert. However, DH and I have been known to share an additional entree in the main dining room, mainly to try the dish, not because we are hungry for more.

It seemed to us the portions in the specialty restaurants were heartier than the dining room. On formal night in one of the "regular" restaurants, I had lobster, it was typical of cruise lobster, dry, small, overcooked. When we ate at (I think it was SoHO, on Star), DH ordered the lobster, after conferring with the waiter about it. Well, let me tell you, it was not anything like the lobster served in the main dining room. It was a whole lobster, moist, flavorful, cooked to perfection. I almost didn't get a bite!

It may depend on the appetizer or entree you order, some have an additional charge. When we cruised on Star, we ordered entrees that were additional (like the lobster) but the charge also included the service fee for dinner. It's been a couple of years, so I don't know what their policies are now. I do have to say, the specialty restaurants are definitely worth the extra charge and next time we sail NCL, we will budget several nights into our plans.

Have a great cruise!

I want to know if you can order more than one entree or appetizer or dessert just like you can in the main dining room? Does the main dining room have a lobster night? I know my DH loves lobster and on other cruiselines we were able to order more than one lobster. I would hope if I am paying extra for a specialty restaurant that I could order more than one thing at a sitting.

Thanks for an info.

General rule all the appetizers and deserts you want but one entrée in the specialty restaurants. I have order double shrimp cocktail at Cagney's, double escargot at the Bistro.

Trust me if you have escargot, soup, salad, and the chocolate fondue at the Bistro you won't want two filets.

On Monday we ate in LeBistro which was the formal night when Lobster was being served ship wide at all restaurants. I ordered two Lobster tails with no problem.

I have tried to order more than one main entree at Chin Chin the asian restaurant and have been told that it is one main entree per person.

Marilyn

On Monday we ate in LeBistro which was the formal night when Lobster was being served ship wide at all restaurants. I ordered two Lobster tails with no problem.

I have tried to order more than one main entree at Chin Chin the asian restaurant and have been told that it is one main entree per person.

Marilyn

Marilyn

Get outside and enjoy your cruise:)

General rule all the appetizers and deserts you want but one entrée in the specialty restaurants. I have order double shrimp cocktail at Cagney's, double escargot at the Bistro.

Trust me if you have escargot, soup, salad, and the chocolate fondue at the Bistro you won't want two filets.

Jim...Our friend Chief Vera (of FOMT fame) can eat more than anyone I have ever met (he is actually about 6' tall and weighs about 160#). He actually ordered an extra Filet, in Le Bistro, and it was delivered with a smile. He ate 2 escargot, 2 entrees and 2 deserts.

Now I don't know if this was because we there on Klaus's dime or because the Maitre d' remembered us from our Spirit cruise, or they would do this normally. But, I believe they are there to make your cruise a great as possible. I say, if you don't ask you don't know if they will say yes or no.

PE

Jim...Our friend Chief Vera (of FOMT fame) can eat more than anyone I have ever met (he is actually about 6' tall and weighs about 160#). He actually ordered an extra Filet' date=' in Le Bistro, and it was delivered with a smile. He ate 2 escargot, 2 entrees and 2 deserts.

Now I don't know if this was because we there on Klaus's dime or because the Maitre d' remembered us from our Spirit cruise, or they would do this normally. But, I believe they are there to make your cruise a great as possible. I say, if you don't ask you don't know if they will say yes or no.

PE[/quote']

Always good to ask :)

If Chief Vera had eaten the mushroom soup and the bread bowl he would have never made it:D

I didn't detect a portion-size difference between the specialty restaurants and the main dining rooms in general. I did eat at Bamboo on the Dawn though and the portion sizes were laughably small (and this is coming from someone who is used to "San Francisco" portions). And yes, you can order more than one of anything you want.

Thanks for an info.

Archived