Strange Question

I loved that picture!!, but yes I am looking for the logo anchor. We host a resturant review site, and we are now developing a new section that will review menus and food on cruise lines.... I want a picture of the anchor for the RCCL table of contents...

This will be interesting for us... We are off on our first review in a few weeks on Carnival. When we do reviews we work pretty non stop in whatever city we are in... Although we have cruised quite a bit, it has been on vacation, and now we will have to look at it as work, not vacation...Could be hard adjusting to work mode while on a ship!!

The Crown and Anchor are TRADEMARKED and as such sole property of Royal Caribbean.

To save yourself potential litigation or closure of your site, you may want to contact RCI for permission to use their logo.

I know it sounds stupid, but if I was you I'd protect my butt by clearing it through RCI first.

Natish,

You are absolutely right. That is why I cannot copy the anchor off of the RCCL website as it is trademark protected. However, a picture taken of the ship, and its anchor (gray area defined) does not fall under the trademark guidelines.

Our lawyers have researched trademark infringement for us at great lengths. You usually run into issues when you are using a trademark to sell products that the trademark owner also sells. Since we are not selling cruise products, and in fact promoting thier product there is no monetary loss incured for RCCL and no basis for a claim against us.... Still we have too much invested in our site to risk any trademark issues and err on the side of caution.

anyone with pictures.....

Our email address is JUSTEATIN@YAHOO.COM

thanks everybody!

Archived