Teen club on NCL Getaway

Maycee4

Hello, We sail on the Getaway April 16. I messaged our concierge to ask about my daughter getting into teen club. She is literally one week from turning 13 and they said it won't be possible. Has anyone been successful at getting them in when they are this close to the age. Her friends we are traveling with are all 13 already! She is extremely mature and responsible and really looked forward to the activities.:cool:

Hello, We sail on the Getaway April 16. I messaged our concierge to ask about my daughter getting into teen club. She is literally one week from turning 13 and they said it won't be possible. Has anyone been successful at getting them in when they are this close to the age. Her friends we are traveling with are all 13 already! She is extremely mature and responsible and really looked forward to the activities.:cool:

Not a chance, especially with the teen club. I think they would let her in on her birthday if it was when she was on the ship. You have to draw the line somewhere, especially with insurance liabilities.

Ok, thank you. I really regret doing this ship. We have always done Disney in the past and they have a club specific for ages 11-14. I don't think 12/13 year olds are ready to run the ship alone but they don't seem to have anywhere to hang out on this ship.

Ok, thank you. I really regret doing this ship. We have always done Disney in the past and they have a club specific for ages 11-14. I don't think 12/13 year olds are ready to run the ship alone but they don't seem to have anywhere to hang out on this ship.

Teens don't hang much in the teen club anyway, but use it to meet up. Send the older kids the first night, and have them do the meeting. There are places for kids to hang, sports deck, arcade, water slides/pool/ropes course, buffet/o'Sheehan... I don't think my teens spent all that much time in the actual clubs, and I remember a cruise when one of my kids was 12, sports court and ping pong were his thing.

Teens don't hang much in the teen club anyway, but use it to meet up. Send the older kids the first night, and have them do the meeting. There are places for kids to hang, sports deck, arcade, water slides/pool/ropes course, buffet/o'Sheehan... I don't think my teens spent all that much time in the actual clubs, and I remember a cruise when one of my kids was 12, sports court and ping pong were his thing.

Yes to this -- they won't spend much time IN the teen club. Send the 13 year olds to meet people the first night, then they can figure out where to meet (water slides, sports court, arcade, etc.) and 12 year old can go with them when they meet up later.