Empress 7664 above Boleros

Just booked this stateroom for a Cuba cruise, and in looking at deck plans it's above the elevator bays just outside of Boleros. Has anyone reading this had wither this room or 7164 (opposite side)? I'm wondering about noise.

Alternately, 9664 and 9164 are available. They're both right below Viking Crown, which I'm thinking may be slightly less of an issue, noise-wise.

And option 3: is the slightly bigger room size of these F1s worth $200 per room for 5 days? I could also bump down to an unobstructed F2 on deck 8 for $200 less.

Edited by mspink98

Someone replied to my post yesterday about our Cuba Cruise coming up on April 19th. They stayed in the room we're staying in. #9664. Very similar to the one you booked. Unobstructed views out of both windows the higher up you are.

MD VBMom has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Empress of the Seas - Forward or Aft Ocean View Cabin? - in the Royal Caribbean International forum of Cruise Critic Message Board Forums.

Please revisit the thread

Here is the message that has just been posted:

We were in cabin #9664 on Empress back in February. We loved it! It was my husband and I and our 2 college-aged daughters. The main part of the cabin is of average size for an outside, the little 'notch' was much bigger than we thought. There are two pullman beds in that section along with the second window. There is tons of floor space there too. The girls partially lived out of their suitcases (we were a bit short on storage space) since there was plenty of floor space for the suitcases. There is a heavy curtain dividing the main cabin from this pullman bed area. There was no noticeable noise and the location is perfect to get to the pool deck. We always get two cabins when we all cruise, but we got a great price on this back in February; wouldn't hesitate to book this cabin again.

Posting was about #7664 on the little Lady-"Empress of the Seas."

Very different than Oasis I think. I can only imagine how loud it would be on nights when people were dancing the night away on that big Ship. lol

Posting was about #7664 on the little Lady-"Empress of the Seas."

Very different than Oasis I think. I can only imagine how loud it would be on nights when people were dancing the night away on that big Ship. lol

That's what I'm getting at. Between a smaller ship, school being in session, and the price of the Cuba itinerary (which ain't cheap, but we want to do it), I'm wondering if Boleros is going to be an issue.

You are not as close to the elevators as it appears. You will leave your cabin, and go down a short hallway to reach the elevator FOYER. Noise from that will NOT be an issue. From the deck plans, you look sufficiently far enough from Boleros to be safe from noises, too.

:)Thanks~

You are not as close to the elevators as it appears. You will leave your cabin, and go down a short hallway to reach the elevator FOYER. Noise from that will NOT be an issue. From the deck plans, you look sufficiently far enough from Boleros to be safe from noises, too.

• 2 weeks later...
Someone replied to my post yesterday about our Cuba Cruise coming up on April 19th. They stayed in the room we're staying in. #9664. Very similar to the one you booked. Unobstructed views out of both windows the higher up you are.

We'll be in 9664 in September now-just switched yesterday. I'll take any pics or info you're willing to share-about the room and about Cuba! Bon voyage tomorrow!

Kate- We will be taking lots of photos and giving everyone a full review of our RCI Inaugural Cruise to Cuba. Hope the room is as great as other's have told us because I know that the Empress is much smaller than the "floating malls" that they build now. lol:D

Thanks in advance, I have also asked for a review on your roll call

A request, please: Please let us know if they make any arrangements for a D+ or D cocktail hour.

I'm aware there is nothing currently, but as you, or someone, noted, these cruises are a LOT more expensive than the previous Empress Booze Cruises to the Bahamas.

Someone also noted (somewhere) that they were told there would be a formal night, also not currently happening on the non-Cuba sailings. Curious about this...is it only for the inaugural sailing, or will it be all Cuba trips?

Thanks in advance if you can provide any info.

Have a great trip.