Found Ring in cabin safe

missysworld

I had this happen. I found a ring tucked in the corner of our safe on Magic. Took it to the pursers desk & turned it in. I did the right thing. I'm not responsible if the ship's staff doesn't do the right thing, that's on them.

ETA: spelling & crap

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Spot on! :halo:

My husband always thoroughly checks the safe. But discovered a place he didn't realize was in there stuff could get lodged into ,thus discovering the passport. So Im sure other things can get lost in there too.

I did leave my little case with my driving licence, credit cards, and other info in the cabin room safe. I notified Carnival when I reached home. My case was returned back to me via mail after about a week and everything was intact. So, I did get my case back but, I had already made necessary notifications:)

I agree !! I suspect that when someone leaves something in their cabin and for whatever reason it is not returned, those are the stories we hear about. When items are returned, people have no loss so they quickly move on. In some cases when the next boarding commences before Carnival is notified of the item being left, the next passenger may just take the item before Carnival has a chance to look for it - just as in this thread.

My question about all these "I left something in the safe" stories is that if it was valuable enough for someone to put it in the safe to begin with, then why would the person not conduct a thorough examination of the safe as they are preparing to disembark ? :confused: Amazes me ??

In my friend's case, the watch somehow got up under the front edge of the safe and she just missed it. but it turned out well for her. I bet she checks the safe better in the future though. lol

Fantastic! Good does prevail :) I am so happy he found the owner because as much as I love Carnival, I have no faith in their lost and found. He took it upon himself to find the owner and that was a very generous act. What an unselfish, giving person.