Koningsdam Port Location in Amsterdam

debsjc

Last July we were in Amsterdam awaiting boarding on the Prinsendam (which used the dock out of town) and the Koningsdam was docked right behind the cruise terminal near downtown (within a walk to the train station) so I assume due to her size that is where she will be docked this time. There is a tram stop across the street which can get you anywhere downtown. Luckily the Prinsendam (which we board in 4 weeks) now also uses this spot. It is much easier to get to spots in Amsterdam

Thank you both very much. :)

Now if I could just find a central hotel for under $200 I would be happy. Everything is so expensive, or fully booked. :mad:

Well, thatis Amsterdam for you.

I am afraid that like many other big, popular cities,Amsterdam is heavily overpriced due to the massive amounts of tourists thatwant to visit Amsterdam anyway.

I hope youfind what you are looking for, I am afraid that I cannot help you with hoteladvice, other than those mentioned on the European ports board.

We have found our hotel in Amsterdam by searching online. There are a few sites where you can put in your price range and location to narrow down your search. We have found places under $200 night in high season.

I have spend about 2 hours looking, but not coming up with anything great. We only booked the cruise this week, otherwise I would have arranged the hotel long before this.

We might just stay out at the airport as it's just for 1 night, and get the train in for the afternoon.

Thanks for all the information.

Booked the Nova Hotel, a 3 star near Dam Square through LMTC for $204 including tax. By leaving it last minute, there was definitely less choice and higher prices.

I'll report back on the hotel after the trip, in case anyone else thinks of staying there.

Thank you both very much. :)

Now if I could just find a central hotel for under $200 I would be happy. Everything is so expensive, or fully booked. :mad:

Go to Trivago.com and you may possibly find hotels between $100-$2000 on the date you wish. Check the Jazz Hotel, the Mercure, Crowne Plaza, Double Tree by Hilton, NH Amsterdam, Best Western, to name but a few.

Actually, we are going on that cruise as well but we won't be staying overnight in Amsterdam, just going straight from the airport to the pier.

Go to Trivago.com and you may possibly find hotels between $100-$2000 on the date you wish. Check the Jazz Hotel, the Mercure, Crowne Plaza, Double Tree by Hilton, NH Amsterdam, Best Western, to name but a few.

Actually, we are going on that cruise as well but we won't be staying overnight in Amsterdam, just going straight from the airport to the pier.

Oops, sorry! I just realised I made mistake, I meant to say the price of the hotels to be between $100-$200, and not $100-$2000 !

Oops, sorry! I just realised I made mistake, I meant to say the price of the hotels to be between $100-$200, and not $100-$2000 !

Thank goodness for that, I might have needed to cancel the cruise, if the hotel was $2000 :D

Thanks for recommending that website, there wasn't anything better, but it was worth a look.

FlCatLover - I did check out air bnb, but we needed 2 beds, which meant there wasn't a lot which was suitable this time.