Escape SDP choices

anonmom

I highly recommend Bayamo and the wagyu beef entrée. Delish!! It's not a huge amount so would be good for a light eater also. As far as the dining credits go, if you end up with unused ones belonging to the light eater, just have them order what the other person wants and the heavy eater can order something small ala carte and switch plates after it is served. I assume the person actually ordering the food will have their card dinged for it. I also recommend Pinchos, but we did ala carte there. Enjoy your cruise!

Mary Ann

We ate at Cagney's twice and Teppanyaki once. My wife loves scallops and we only found them offered at Teppanyaki. They we're incredible (those are her words) as was the shrimp and fillet. She was the only person at our table who got the scallops so she happily ate them all herself - must have been ten of them. The chef was smiling and said she was "smart" to order them. Cagney's ribeye and fillet were really good, but apparently those scallops are at another level.

In my dream world, I would combine these two ideas. I don't like having to surreptitiously switch plates like we're doing something wrong, though, when we would still be 'paying for' six meals (through using a free at sea choice on the SDP) and ordering six meals.

I would rather be upfront and say that I've had surgery and literally cannot eat anything near a full main course, or even a full appetizer. My surgeon actually gives out little cards that we can show to waiters to be allowed to order smaller than normal portions in restaurants. Of course, it is up to the restaurant if they will extend that courtesy or not. But I suppose it can't hurt to email the special needs desk and ask.

I would love it if we could try Cagney's, Bayamo, Pinchos, Moderno, Le Bistro & La Cucina once each. I would be perfectly happy eating literally 2 bites of an appetizer, 2 bites of a main dish, 2 bites of a side dish and 2 bites of dessert from a specialty restaurant at 5 pm each day and then doing the same at the MDR at 9 pm.

M'ville and Pinchos are the only specialty restaurants that are open for lunch that take the SDP.

If you love the MDRs, there's nothing stopping you from using a SDP for "late dinner" after having "early dinner" in the MDR. Just for the sake of trying the specialty restaurant since the SDP will cover you (in most cases) for everything (up-charge restaurants incur an up-charge, obviously).

Since most people pay the 18% on the SDP, they might as well try something new (same goes for the UBP).

I highly recommend Bayamo and the wagyu beef entrée. Delish!! It's not a huge amount so would be good for a light eater also. As far as the dining credits go, if you end up with unused ones belonging to the light eater, just have them order what the other person wants and the heavy eater can order something small ala carte and switch plates after it is served. I assume the person actually ordering the food will have their card dinged for it. I also recommend Pinchos, but we did ala carte there. Enjoy your cruise!

Mary Ann

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app