Coral Mini-Suites Dolphin deck question

bar10der421

We are getting ready to book our first ever Princess cruise on the Coral Alaska southbound for next May. My husband really wants a mini suite and the TA has a hold on D410 until tomorrow. This has a totally uncovered balcony and it looks like all of the midship mini suites are on this deck and have the uncovered balconies. Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins and could give me pro and con opinions?

We are getting ready to book our first ever Princess cruise on the Coral Alaska southbound for next May. My husband really wants a mini suite and the TA has a hold on D410 until tomorrow. This has a totally uncovered balcony and it looks like all of the midship mini suites are on this deck and have the uncovered balconies. Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins and could give me pro and con opinions?

It's a standard mini with passenger cabins both below and above.

Check out this website,

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

We have sailed on the Coral and her sister, the Island.

We usually stay in a minisuite forward on Caribe deck (just don't book C230)

We like the idea of having some shade if we are sailing where it is warm.

While you may feel that doesn't apply to Alaska, bad weather can be an issue. So if you want to do your viewing while out on your balcony you might want a sheltered area.

Just our choice. Lots of people book Dolphin and are very happy with their choice.

We have sailed on the Coral and her sister, the Island.

We usually stay in a minisuite forward on Caribe deck (just don't book C230)

We like the idea of having some shade if we are sailing where it is warm.

While you may feel that doesn't apply to Alaska, bad weather can be an issue. So if you want to do your viewing while out on your balcony you might want a sheltered area.

Just our choice. Lots of people book Dolphin and are very happy with their choice.

Diane, I have seen your post ast C230 having the "running water" noise. Got any idea if it's just port side? We were thinking about C229, close to opposite your problem cabin.

Diane, I have seen your post ast C230 having the "running water" noise. Got any idea if it's just port side? We were thinking about C229, close to opposite your problem cabin.

I know for a fact C228 didn't hear anything as we spoke with them. We were on the Island in November not far from C229 (don't remember the cabin number) and we heard people who were in C230 talking in the corridor and wondering about the noise. We enlightened them.

To the best of my knowledge, you should be fine in C229. I got the definite feeling after talking with the hotel manager that it was just that side of the ship that the pipes flush to.

Hi DH and I usually stay on Dolphin in an uncovered mini. ( on various ships) For us it is not an issue. It is more important to be close to the stairway and elevator. It is nice to be able to just go down 3 flight and be where the action is. ( to each his own ) Hope you have a great trip!

I know for a fact C228 didn't hear anything as we spoke with them. We were on the Island in November not far from C229 (don't remember the cabin number) and we heard people who were in C230 talking in the corridor and wondering about the noise. We enlightened them.

To the best of my knowledge, you should be fine in C229. I got the definite feeling after talking with the hotel manager that it was just that side of the ship that the pipes flush to.

thank you! eases my mind.

Hi DH and I usually stay on Dolphin in an uncovered mini. ( on various ships) For us it is not an issue. It is more important to be close to the stairway and elevator. It is nice to be able to just go down 3 flight and be where the action is. ( to each his own ) Hope you have a great trip!

Thank you! We booked D410 and will hope for the best as far as use of the balcony. I agree that proximity to stairs and elevators is very important as well as a better ride midship.