What's the skinny on the Spa? Also the Specialty Dining?

sdil

They want $300 for unlimited spa access. I think I'll want to go about half a dozen times. They say its all or nothing when you call. Is this true or do they sell daily passes on board?

Are we better off the buy a few nights of specialty dining and should we do this in advance or should we stick with the standard fare? We are heading out for 16 days on the Getaway.

So you must be on the Transatlantic ..so am I and I have already bought our spa passes for the trip ..... they sometimes sell day passes if they have not sold out ..others will know more than I do about this ... We also have a dining package but it came as a perk otherwise we would not have bothered ...we have always enjoyed the main dining room ...but for 16 days it is nice to have something different to do with so many sea days ..of which we have the ubp so we will make good use of it !!!!

Yes! Transatlantic! My husband doesnt want to drop $300 on the spa but he says for me to go ahead - He doesnt think he'll use it enough. I hope we can get day passes for him... I, however, will use it most everyday! We got gratuities free and 3rd/4th pax - we are bringing our granddaughter. I sure hope there are other 13 year olds aboard! I dont think I will buy the specialty dining in advance - if she meets up with kids, she'll probably prefer eating with them. It was a hard choice to decide what bonuses to take. With the gratuities being worth $416, and the gratuities on the bev pkg being little more than that, it meant we'd have to spend over $800 on booze to break even. Even so, not sure we made the right choice. How are you getting home? We opted for Iceland ir and are stopping in Reykjavik for 2 nights after staying in Copenhagen for 2. Really getting excited for this trip!

We had the spa on Holland America Transatlantic 2 years ago and had lots of onboard credit to use so we got it then ...hubby did not think he would use it much ..but he wanted it for me ...he loved every minute !!!!! So when it became available to book for this cruise he did it as soon as possible lol ...It is nice to be able to get away from the crowds to a quiet place ...We are flying to Paris from Copenhagen for a few days and then heading home from there .We are going to be in Reykjavik next year on the Jade Transatlantic for 2 days and I am really looking forward to it

wow Paris sounds great - As it gets closer, we'll have to compare not4es. I went ahead and made some dinner reservations, but I was confused. Do you have dinner when you see the Burn the Floor show at 7:30? Also, I tried to book the 3 specialty dinner thing and then when I made reservations ad the specialty restaurants, they were adding in that money too... so I didnt book anything til I can talk to them.... LMK if you understand this system. Thanks! G'nite for now!

Did you book the specialty dining package. We had it on our account already due to having it as a promo and were then able to book the reservations for free. You may have to purchase the SDP first before you try to make reservations; but I'd call to be sure.

Ref spa pass, they sell a certain number of spa passes, if they all sell as full cruise passes ahead of time, then booking on the ship and day passes won't be an option. If they capacity doesn't book out as full cruise passes then they will offer daily passes. But there's no way to know ahead which will happen. On my past cruise they did offer daily passes but they bundled them with treatments so the cost was more than the full pass/days of the cruise. I had wanted to get the spa pass for done day but it was bundled with a body scrub treatment I didn't want so never bothered.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ordered the spa pass for the transatlantic as well.

We got 4 specialty dinners as a perk plus 2 latitude specialty, so will be a nice alternative during the16 day transatlantic crossing.

When we get to Copenhagen, we will fly to Paris that afternoon for a week.