No cruise excursion in Halifax

kalenaj

Any ideas about how to get around in Halifax. I have heard there is a free bus? Also hop on hop off? But I heard you can only book those through cruise line?

Help is needed here. Any ideas?

Research a trip to the Bay of Fundy. One of the greatest wonders of the world. We hired a private tour operator (can't remember his name- he was a history teacher). We walked down into the Bay of Fundy where tides are 50'. The Bay was dry but as we lunched on Lobster at a nearby restaurant the tide came back in. Amazing trip off the beaten path.

I'm so happy you asked this question because I've wanted to chance to tell anyone who wants to know the best way to see Halifax, that Halifax Taxi Tours....the man's name is Les, is absolutely AMAZING!!! He is such a nice man, and has incredible knowledge about the area. He pointed out all the things we would not have gotten on a big group tour. All I can say is, if he is not booked, book him quick because it will be a great day for you.

If you have a specific interest, he will pay close attention to that.

We were cruising with good friends, so the two couples split the price, and it was a bargain. At the end he dropped us at a local restaurant for dinner...and it was really tasty.

We all gave Les an A+.....

When you get off the ship there are many booths along the boardwalk selling tours. Some favorites are fishing tours and the Harbour Hopper. The Harbour Hopper is a must, it's a tour of the city and it also goes in the water.

There's many good restaurants and bars in this walkable city, the citadel is great, art gallery, museum of the Atlantic and more.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

Research a trip to the Bay of Fundy. One of the greatest wonders of the world. We hired a private tour operator (can't remember his name- he was a history teacher). We walked down into the Bay of Fundy where tides are 50'. The Bay was dry but as we lunched on Lobster at a nearby restaurant the tide came back in. Amazing trip off the beaten path.

This one is a long drive but it is an amazing thing to see!