Is Princess@Sea Available Fleet Wide

Jeter02

Agreed, if you want some for of notification, vibration only. The worst thing is, when you're on vacation, and someone nearby is talking loudly on a phone. Or in this case, you would hear phones beeping left and right. Cruise are suppose to be relaxing. I say disconnect from the world. Go the old fashion route, if you we want to meet up someone onboard family/friends, set discuss a place and time to meet up.

OMG, can you imagine! Some people can't hear their phones unless they are blaring.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

It was the most offensive thing I could think of on short notice.

I wrote an app that alerted me when I went in and out of wifi coverage on royal. I had a phone in my pocket set with a beep notification.

In 90% of the locations on the ship, I couldn't even hear it. Show lounge - really, really loud. Dining room - loud. Atrium - loud.

So, I'm kind of amused by the posters here who are sure they will be annoyed by notifications. I think they must be the same folks who are disturbed by the helicopters bringing the crew on board each day.

It was the most offensive thing I could think of on short notice.

I wrote an app that alerted me when I went in and out of wifi coverage on royal. I had a phone in my pocket set with a beep notification.

In 90% of the locations on the ship, I couldn't even hear it. Show lounge - really, really loud. Dining room - loud. Atrium - loud.

So, I'm kind of amused by the posters here who are sure they will be annoyed by notifications. I think they must be the same folks who are disturbed by the helicopters bringing the crew on board each day.

Just so you know, I am not annoyed by notifications (except perhaps in a theater). I thought your comment was really funny. On the other hand, my phone is almost always in my back pocket on vibrate anyway, Also, I agree that cruises should be relaxing, but some of us don't want to disconnect from the world or can't. But, people can step outside to have conversations rather than yelling into the phone at the dining room table.

So if a person sends you a message by looking up your name & you don't want any more you simply reject any more in the future. I'm sure people won't be haphazardly sending out text messages and the benefits of being able to look up a persons name outweigh the downside- if any.
It's a question of privacy. Actually, I can certainly imagine receiving all kinds of messages from people I don't know or choose to talk to. I've gotten phone calls on the ship from people I have no desire to talk to or communicate with so texts are not beyond the realm of possibility if you could search by name.

If someone really is a friend, it's easy to get their ID number so you can message each other. It's not a big deal to exchange #'s and no different from exchanging phone #'s.

It's a question of privacy. Actually, I can certainly imagine receiving all kinds of messages from people I don't know or choose to talk to. I've gotten phone calls on the ship from people I have no desire to talk to or communicate with so texts are not beyond the realm of possibility if you could search by name.

If someone really is a friend, it's easy to get their ID number so you can message each other. It's not a big deal to exchange #'s and no different from exchanging phone #'s.

Whatever. I think it's just being paranoid.

I agree, notifications would be wonderful. We love the app to check events and our balance, but it's the messages that are the best part for us. Being able to check up on our son and make plans with friends quickly is great...but having to turn it on and refresh each time is a waste of time. An on screen notification of a new message would be ideal.

Hopefully people would silence their phones but...