MSC Status Match query - already booked

JPMoore

Hi all,

I apologise for adding to the countless threads regarding MSC's Status Match programme, but I just had a query regarding 'applying' it after you've already booked the cruise.

Partner and I have booked for our first MSC cruise (through Iglu, who were fantastic) on MSC Divina in November, and I have just realised that I am a Gold member of Cunard's World Club. What benefit is there to me contacting MSC about matching my Cunard status?

Also: in addition, I've just noticed that our cabin seems to have been changed from a midships Inside Fantastica cabin on Deck 12 to a forward Inside Fantastica cabin on Deck 11. Is this normal? We requested the original cabin as we preferred to be midships! The cruise has been booked since early February, and has only just changed on my MSC booking details page.

Edited by JPMoore
More information added

Hi all,

I apologise for adding to the countless threads regarding MSC's Status Match programme, but I just had a query regarding 'applying' it after you've already booked the cruise.

Partner and I have booked for our first MSC cruise (through Iglu, who were fantastic) on MSC Divina in November, and I have just realised that I am a Gold member of Cunard's World Club. What benefit is there to me contacting MSC about matching my Cunard status?

Also: in addition, I've just noticed that our cabin seems to have been changed from a midships Inside Fantastica cabin on Deck 12 to a forward Inside Fantastica cabin on Deck 11. Is this normal? We requested the original cabin as we preferred to be midships! The cruise has been booked since early February, and has only just changed on my MSC booking details page.

Information posted by others give

Cunard

platinum gives MSC Gold

diamond gives MSC Black

so I would expect you to be MSC Silver

the main benefit should be a 5% discount, but I'm not sure you'll get after you have booked but your TA could try for you

you may have been in a quad cabin and moved to a 2 person cabin to make way for a group of four, or,

you ma have been in one of the smaller insides and they have given you a bigger inside.

it is not unusual to be moved on MSC , mostly it appears to be upgrades, which this isn't.

Pete

I didn't realize there was a discount until months after booking, and was still able to receive it. Your TA should be able to arrange that for you.

Thanks! I've spoken to our TA and he advised emailing MSC's status people directly first - apparently they tend to prefer not having to go through the TA as middleman so a higher chance of success. We'll see...

Regarding the room change it's all a bit of a mystery. TA was told that we had been moved for 'operational reasons' but this could not be elaborated on any further. Adding to this mystery, all interior and outside cabins are now 'sold out' (which he believes to be extremely unlikely), so thinks that MSC may be reorganising/restructuring the cabins - and so our change may be temporary. Advised to check in a week or so - so again, watch this space!

Update: after emailing MSC directly, I'm pleased to say that I've been matched to MSC Silver, with all associated benefits. The 5% discount has been applied to our invoice and is being sent to Iglu.

So far so good! No update regarding the mysterious cabin change...