Carnival Triumph

familyplanner

Hi All,

I didn't say I didn't enjoy my cruise...I make the best of it since it's my vacation. However, since I have sailed on her before I saw major major differences.

Maybe the newbies were lucky and didn't have the problems, but they did exist. If you got there early as I did and boarded early you didn't have problems with your luggage so you were the lucky ones. But if you arrived after 1 pm forget it your luggage was destroyed. Those of you who would like to see a copy of the video file I have if you do not believe me you are welcome to email me and I will gladly send it to you. You won't believe your eyes on what went on.

Now as for the ship being rocky, roflmbo...it hardly moved...I have been on cruises that really rocked and this time the seas were great. If you thought it was rocky, roflmbo, you haven't sailed enough...the seas were calm and never rocked except late at night when the captain picked up speed. We alway rock out of Miami but that's because you are still in the Atlantic.

Now as for the drydock info...I spoke with many crew and found out the real scoop. The ship ARRIVED a week late in the Bahama's for the restoration from Charleston. So therefore they only worked on it for two weeks instead of three. If any of you looked behind the white stapled sheets on deck zero when we were boarding tenders in Cozumel you would have seen the mountains of rolls of carpeting (rolls at least 3 to 4 feet wide) sitting in the location where normally it is used for the luggage to be stored when arriving and departing. The people who got there early, their luggage went immidiately to be sorted and delivered...the rest however, had to be sorted on the pier (not in the cargo hold as normal) and was being thrown all over like a commercial for american tourister luggage. Why do you think we were three hours late leaving Miami. If any of you had cabins with windows or balconys on the starboard side of the ship you would have seen what I saw. If you were roaming the ship to familiarize yourselves or eating maybe you just never looked outside. since I know the ship, we started unpacking and my husband was outside when he called me out to video the disaster.

As far as chocolate buffet, lol...that wasnt' a choc buffet, it was the leftover desserts from the gala buffet the night before...if you had attended that you might have recognized it. They do that all the time on the Triumph, only the Glory is famous for it's chocolate buffet.

The pools were not open from Tuesday through Thursday...the aft pool was only open on Sun and Mon..the rest of the week empty...friday they finally got the filter working on the main pool and opened it...the pools were closed due to a filtration problem, lol...not because of seas...it was barely even windy.

the hot tubs were open all week

as for air conditioning...the main air conditioning was having a problem on wed, thurs and friday...not in the cabins but in the main areas...per the pursers desk..since it's usually so cold maybe you all liked it warmer.

I never said there was a problem with the carpeting...amazing how my words were changed and how sarcastic some people can be. If you had no problems, great I am happy for you...but I spent the week trying to convince many that the Triumph is normally a wonderful ship and that all the problems were very unusual...especially with the luggage...I would love for you so see that video and then make your sarcastic remarks.

Betty, I will be sending you the capers and in the future I will not post here since I tried to tell the truth and all I got was sarcastic inuendos

Barb

Barb - just ignore the sarcasm. Most of us here appreciate your honest review and the facts that you present. If you still have my email address, I would like to see the video.

I will probably follow your advice and get to the pier early so my luggage gets on okay. I am imagining all this luggage and the people with the damage/broken items had to be furious when it arrived.

Did you end up having a meet and greet with your roll-call?

Hey all......I was really getting worried reading some of the Triumph reviews.....My family and I, husband and three kids ages 11, 8 and 5, will be on our first cruise on Dec. 10! I can't wait....I am a little nervous that I will forget to pack stuff that I need or that I will get sea sick. I am going to get Bonine (is that spelled right????) and cross my fingers. We are booking our own trips in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. It seems to be A LOT cheaper that way. Hope all works our for us. Any ideas on what we should bring?

Barb - just ignore the sarcasm. Most of us here appreciate your honest review and the facts that you present. If you still have my email address, I would like to see the video.

I will probably follow your advice and get to the pier early so my luggage gets on okay. I am imagining all this luggage and the people with the damage/broken items had to be furious when it arrived.

Did you end up having a meet and greet with your roll-call?

I sent you the video....let me know if you get it and if it plays for you...and what you think after you have viewed it, lol

At least you will know I wasn't exaggerating, lol

Barb

Barb I would also love to see that Video I teach travel and tourism at a vocational High School and would love to show this to the class thank you for being so honest with your post

memabumpee@yahoo.com

Hi,

I tried to be honest...not to depress anyone, but to make you aware so you can watch out for some of the problems. I sent the video,be sure to watch the guy in the middle in blue, he seems to think the suitcases were basketballs as he liked to toss them around. At least you will see with your own eyes what took place on that dock.

Barb

email me back and let me know if it played for you...thanks

Barb - don't forget everyone here has a different opinion :) As far as I'm concerned that why these posts exist. It they didn't no one would get the truth. I know there are some that are "pure" Carnival. I've sailed NCL & now booked Carnival. I won't know until I've sailed both. But even then, all could change with the next sailing :p

Hi,

I tried to be honest...not to depress anyone, but to make you aware so you can watch out for some of the problems. I sent the video,be sure to watch the guy in the middle in blue, he seems to think the suitcases were basketballs as he liked to toss them around. At least you will see with your own eyes what took place on that dock.

Barb

email me back and let me know if it played for you...thanks

Hi Barb!

I travel on the Triumph Saturday, and I would like to see the video as well. If you don't mind can you email it to me at storm730@hotmail.com. I would really apprecaite it!:D

Thanks for the video...it was amazing the way he threw that luggage around. As I have posted previously, I would be so upset if I saw that on my cruise, whether it was my luggage or not.

11 more days and off to Miami..I am pretty excited!!!:D

Barb - sorry if you took my posts as being sarcastic - it wasn't meant to be. I just wanted to let others know of my experience. like i said to everyone, this was our first cruise and i really enjoyed myself. but like you said, if this was our first cruise, wait until we experience the real carnival adventure! i was just putting my 2 cents in.

Can you send me the video?? We are going on 12/31/05 and I am really curious to see what happened. This is very upsetting and would be VERY mad if something like this happened to my belongings. I very much appreciate your personal feed back from your experience. I like to hear both good and bad, so I know what to expect for my trip.

jschmidt@floorcoveringpro.com

Barb,

Sailing her on 1/7/06 - I hope that these problems have been cleared up by that point, but as you pointed out before how are they ever going to lay carpet at sea! I was sure that a dry dock would do her good and that many of the complaints I'd seen about the Triumph would be cleared up with this dry dock.:(

Can you please email me the video jfreas@coiinc.com Also I have seen one other person post that a movie theater was added - can you confirm that?

Archived