Carnival Triumph

familyplanner

I had a great time! Traveled with my sister this time. We've not been on the Triumph before so can't compare any changes. Carpets were clean, new fabric on some chairs/seating areas was all that I could see.

Cozumel was amazing. The damage from Wilma was beyond belief. We tendered into the middle of downtown. Many of the shops were open, at least the front section of the stores. Looked behind a curtain near the back of a store and could see a huge pile of rubble that was swept up inside the building. The smell of mildew was very noticeable everywhere. We took a taxi to Paradise Beach. The beach had fresh sand, new trees, lots of chairs & umbrellas, water toys. Getting to the beach you could see the damage that was done to everything. I live in FL so seeing hurricane damage is not new but I have never seen anything like this. I don't know what tours was available from Carnival, we had already decided on the beach and shopping so I didn't check out the tours.

We had a great time in Grand Cayman. Took Soto's tour, snorkeled and swam with the stingrays. Had 14 people on the tour. Had time for a little shopping afterward.

We sat at dinner with four other women that were traveling together, couldn't believe it when we started telling of our plans for Jamaica. We had all booked a tour with Peat Taylor. Had a great day just the six of us. Peat and his son O'Neal are great guides!

Did you notice any different/new items on the dinner menu? The new Carnival chef was supposed to add and remove items from the menu beginning November 1.

They worked hard to get PB ready for all of you and I know they were anticipating the arrival of your ship on Monday along with the Galaxy

Did they put mini-fridges in balcony staterooms?

No, we were dissappointed that there was not mini-fridges in the balcony cabins. No trays also. It was difficult to carry food from the buffets. There was a small chocolate buffet on Friday at noon that we enjoyed, but it was less than 1/4th the size of what was on the Glory. We missed not having the Fish and Chips and my sister was looking forward to sushi but that was not there either. When I asked what was done during drydock the crew just mentioned "lots of cleaning".

I didn't notice changes in the dining room menu. I'm not that familiar with what the menu had to compare.

We had a great time on the Triumph - although there were a lot of disappointed people, and i'm sure there will be some very negative reviews, we really really enjoyed ourselves. This was our first cruise and although it was pretty rocky, I took my Bonine like suggested on this board, and never had a problem. People we met said this was a rocky ride, but like i said, we never had a problem with it. (I get sea sick very easily but never once did i feel sick! so a very big THANK YOU to all who recommended the Bonine) We had room 7263 and loved it! Bed was very comfortable, balcony was the best!!!

I'm in the middle of my laundry hell, but i'll post a review later.

I LOVE CRUISING!!!!

ps - can'twaittacruise - i have a funny feeling, was that you and your sister i was sitting next to at paradise beach? i was alone, waiting for my husband and you were so very kind to ask if i wanted to eat with you???

To "thecarneys": you said there were alot of disappointed people and that there would be alot of negative reviews. Is this due to the condition of the ship? I read on another thread that "nothing" was working after drydock. A/C not working, carpet not installed and stored where luggage would be stored so there was caos during debarkation due to there being no where to store the luggage. The worst thing I heard was that the pools were not working all week long. Say it isn't so?!?!?!

Can either you or "cantwaittacruise" or anyone else on this last cruise confirm any of this or have any good news???

We had a great time on the Triumph - although there were a lot of disappointed people, and i'm sure there will be some very negative reviews, we really really enjoyed ourselves. This was our first cruise and although it was pretty rocky, I took my Bonine like suggested on this board, and never had a problem. People we met said this was a rocky ride, but like i said, we never had a problem with it. (I get sea sick very easily but never once did i feel sick! so a very big THANK YOU to all who recommended the Bonine) We had room 7263 and loved it! Bed was very comfortable, balcony was the best!!!

I LOVE CRUISING!!!!

ps - can'twaittacruise - i have a funny feeling, was that you and your sister i was sitting next to at paradise beach? i was alone, waiting for my husband and you were so very kind to ask if i wanted to eat with you???

Hi! I'm glad you had a good time!:) I guess I'm getting concerned b/c we leave on Sat, 26 Nov. I've heard that none of the pools were working, nor the A/C and that the carpet wasn't even layed. Is this true? :eek:

If all this is true, how can Carnival send a ship out like this?:confused: This will be my third cruise with them, the first time on the Destiny was great and the second time on the Fascination was okay. We are looking for a great cruise, and hopefully a fully working ship. Any news you can give in regards to overall ship?:confused:

Glad you had a great cruise, but it really stinks about not having the trays or mini-fridges. I too am very sad about not having my sushi every night like our last cruise and no blue point fried oysters:(

Was your sister able to get sushi at the Hong Kong at all? My x-PVP said they have it every day - but most posters say it was not available all the time. Was there any night a sushi app was served in dining room?

Did you go to piano bar at all? Did you meet Dave from England in the karaoke bar?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but we leave in less than two weeks and want to hear all about it. I guess I better go visit the Triumph Nov 12 roll-call so I can hear what all my CC friends had to say about it.

thanks again and hope to hear more...

We had a balcony room - 6425 - which was just above the piano bar.

Our air conditioning was working well, we had wished that there was separate controls in the room but you could adjust the vent in the ceiling pretty well. I did notice one night that it was a little warmer than ususal but normally the ship was on the cool side, especially in the dining room and show lounge like it is on any Carnival ship.

The pools were empty a few days, I heard there was a broken pipe at the main pool but also heavy wave action kept them empty also. The slide was open and the hot tubs too.

Usually the pools are empty when the ship is a little rocky since the water splashes out.

We didn't see any problems with carpeting. Only thing I noticed was how clean it was.

Since there wasn't a sushi bar she didn't think of checking anywhere else for it.

Nicholas was playing in the piano bar. I didn't get the name of the person at Karaoke. He wasn't our favorite. Sometimes you could tell by his expressions that he didn't like the singer-seemed a little rude but we still had a great time there. There was a lot of talent on the ship.

I hope you didn't get the wrong impression on the chocolate buffet. It was very nice, just less room for display than the Glory since the Glory has one additional buffet area due to it's larger size.

Reading all the negative questions I am wondering if I was on the wrong ship-we are talking about the Triumph, right?

Lynn

The Carneys: Yes, that was probably us, your husband made it back from the excursion just before we left?

We had a relaxing time at the beach. I really enjoyed the massage.

I LOVE CRUISING!!!!

I am glad you had a great time. Barbemm was on the same sailing (her 4th Triumph cruise) and she witnessed awful luggage handling at the dock before and after cruise. said it was a disaster and she video taped it to send to Carnival. If you get a chance check out what she said (she posted on our Dec 3 roll-call for us) and I hope all of you from the Nov 12 roll-call will post your thoughts and reviews over on your board for us.

thanks

We had a balcony room - 6425 - which was just above the piano bar.

Our air conditioning was working well' date=' we had wished that there was separate controls in the room but you could adjust the vent in the ceiling pretty well. I did notice one night that it was a little warmer than ususal but normally the ship was on the cool side, especially in the dining room and show lounge like it is on any Carnival ship.

The pools were empty a few days, I heard there was a broken pipe at the main pool but also heavy wave action kept them empty also. The slide was open and the hot tubs too.

Usually the pools are empty when the ship is a little rocky since the water splashes out.

We didn't see any problems with carpeting. Only thing I noticed was how clean it was.

Since there wasn't a sushi bar she didn't think of checking anywhere else for it.

Nicholas was playing in the piano bar. I didn't get the name of the person at Karaoke. He wasn't our favorite. Sometimes you could tell by his expressions that he didn't like the singer-seemed a little rude but we still had a great time there. There was a lot of talent on the ship.

Reading all the negative questions I am wondering if I was on the wrong ship-we are talking about the Triumph, right?

Lynn [/quote']

Did you have luggage problems? How was Nicholas in piano bar (one of my favorite places)? Karaoke host is Dave and he is from England. he is also a new member here on CC Tell us MORE of all the good stuff....

To thecarney or can'twaittacruise-If you brought home your cruise capers and you have anyway to post or email it to me that would be fantastic:) We don't cruise till March, but I would love to show our friends what they have to look forward to since they have never been on a cruise...Thanks a bunch!!!

I LOVE CRUISING!!!!

Can you let me know how it was being 7 decks up..This is our first balcony and so high up. Can you feel the ship swaying more on this deck? My husband, too, tends to get motion sickness. Thanks for any info. We can't wait...for the cruise.

We enjoyed the piano bar. Nicholas was good and lots of fun. Since our room was right above the piano bar, we heard him almost every night.:)

The seventh floor is my favorite. I don't notice the rocking and rolling of the ship much since it doesn't bother me. We like it because it seems to be quieter on that floor. We have heard people on the lido deck when on the eighth floor and this time on sixth we could hear the piano bar.

I did not keep the capers. Good thing, my luggage weighed 49.5 lbs when it was weighed for the trip home. Max allowed without charge is 50!

No problem with luggage. Between me and my sister we had two large pieces of luggage, two bags that could be considered as carry-ons (one had a 12 pack of canned sodas inside and other goodies) and one cardboard box of 15 bottles of water and 12 plastic bottles of sodas. Ours arrived fine, last one about 5 o'clock.

Lynn

hi everyone - like i said, we had a great time. Lynn- i'm with you! were we on the same cruise as the others????

let me try and answer some questions for you guys to ease your minds....

embarkation - we got to the terminal at like 10:30 and were on the ship, drink in hand by around 12:30 or 1!!! :D

room - 7263 - AWESOME!! our a/c was working, lights were working. very comfortable bed / bedding! our phone didn't work for a few days, but that was ok with us too. door to balcony was great - we didn't need the bungee cord because it stayed open for us. we left it open one night and it stayed open ALL NIGHT! what a great feeling waking up to the sounds of the ocean...

we did notice the movement of the ship, but no problem with seasickness or anything - TAKE BONINE! ITS A MIRACLE DRUG!!! i get sea sick very easily, but not once on this cruise did i get sick! fabulous!!!

the clocks on the ship did not work until i think tuesday? but we were on vacation, so we weren't checking the time much...

luggage - no problem for us - our suitcases arrived at our room, not damaged, sometime before 5:00 (we went to change for dinner and our stuff was there)

pools - there was i think 2 days ? when the main pool was closed - but the pool under the slide was open so i went in that one. the slide was open and a lot of fun!! :) they did close/drain the main pool the day we were in jamaica and its a good thing because the movement of the ship caused big waves! but, we had just gotten back from margaritaville and found it kinda fun.... :cool:

i found the condition of the ship great! i didn't see any area where the carpet wasn't layed out, or dirty??? so i'm not sure what that is all about?

disembarkation - we chose the self assist because we had an 1130 flight out of miami, and we were off the ship, on the way to the airport at 745. so we ended up waiting around the airport for a few hours. i didn't experience anything negative about it. thought it was smooth and went very fast.

i might have missed some questions, so please let me know if there is anything else you need!

have fun cruising! we did!!!!:D

hi everyone - like i said, we had a great time. Lynn- i'm with you! were we on the same cruise as the others????

let me try and answer some questions for you guys to ease your minds....

embarkation - we got to the terminal at like 10:30 and were on the ship, drink in hand by around 12:30 or 1!!! :D

room - 7263 - AWESOME!! our a/c was working, lights were working. very comfortable bed / bedding! our phone didn't work for a few days, but that was ok with us too. door to balcony was great - we didn't need the bungee cord because it stayed open for us. we left it open one night and it stayed open ALL NIGHT! what a great feeling waking up to the sounds of the ocean...

we did notice the movement of the ship, but no problem with seasickness or anything - TAKE BONINE! ITS A MIRACLE DRUG!!! i get sea sick very easily, but not once on this cruise did i get sick! fabulous!!!

the clocks on the ship did not work until i think tuesday? but we were on vacation, so we weren't checking the time much...

luggage - no problem for us - our suitcases arrived at our room, not damaged, sometime before 5:00 (we went to change for dinner and our stuff was there)

pools - there was i think 2 days ? when the main pool was closed - but the pool under the slide was open so i went in that one. the slide was open and a lot of fun!! :) they did close/drain the main pool the day we were in jamaica and its a good thing because the movement of the ship caused big waves! but, we had just gotten back from margaritaville and found it kinda fun.... :cool:

i found the condition of the ship great! i didn't see any area where the carpet wasn't layed out, or dirty??? so i'm not sure what that is all about?

disembarkation - we chose the self assist because we had an 1130 flight out of miami, and we were off the ship, on the way to the airport at 745. so we ended up waiting around the airport for a few hours. i didn't experience anything negative about it. thought it was smooth and went very fast.

i might have missed some questions, so please let me know if there is anything else you need!

have fun cruising! we did!!!!:D

This is great to hear that you had a fabulous time and I am sure that all the problems that some people had will work themselves out. Just out of curiosity, did you happen to keep any of your cruise capers? If you did, please let me know. I would love to see it...I am just alittled bumbed out that they did not install the movies under the stars or the sushi bar...But I can not wait till our cruise in March...

cruisingal0810 - i did bring my capers home - but i don't know how i will be able to upload them? i don't have a scanner at home. let me try and figure that one out and i'll let you know. send me your email address, and i can figure something out.

no MUTS - but i did notice that there was a few days they showed movies in the Rome lounge (I think it was the rome lounge?) but we never made it. i'm not a sushi person, so that didn't bother me.

you will have a blast! i am already researching to see which ship i want to go on next!!! might try and get a big group together! can't wait!!!!

wish i was back on board!!!!

Archived