HMC Cabana and Villa

dorisdvu

If I add a cabana online in the shore excursions, am I guaranteed a cabana? I know I will not be able to "select" the cabana # until I board. Is there a problem, if I purchase a cabana online and decide to cancel it when I board? Are there lounge chairs on the beach area in front of each cabana and/or can they be moved? Is it $50 extra for each person over 4 with maximum of 6? There are 7 in my party and we will most like not be in the cabana at the same time and only having 6 floats and snorkel gear would be fine as 1 of the 7 would not use the float or snorkel gear anyway. The drinks and food supply would not be a problem either. Is there any problem with having 7? I know I could get a Villa, but I'm not sure I would want to pay $499.99.

Yes, if you purchase a cabana under the excursions section, you are guareenteed a cabana. You will definitely want to go to customer service after boarding and pick the one you want. There are certain ones better located than others.

There are loungers all over the beach. The further you walk down the beach, there will be less people gathered. Most people stop at the loungers right off the pier. The loungers that are right in front of the cabanas/villas are usually for those places, but it is not definite. The guests in those places usually reserve them by laying items on them just to make sure they keep them. I would not add the seventh person to your order. The only thing it changes is the food and snorkel gear. If you are planning on taking turns, you wouldn't need a 7th pair.

As for cancellation once on board, I am unsure. What is the policy?

HTH!

Every time we've rented a cabana, we've had 7 people. We STILL have food and drinks left! You will only get amenities (floats, flippers, etc.) for four, but we found that to be no problem. I always book for the set 4 person cabana, but our family shares it.

We've rented cabanas and villas at HMC a number of times. If I were you, I would only pay for the 4 people that are included with the price of the cabana. They do not give you wristbands and really don't check to see how many are in there. We've had as many as 8 before with no problem. Just make sure when you first get there that you don't all go hang out in there because right in the beginning is when they bring the towels, food, and stock the cooler. Have some of your group sit on the lounges on the beach until after they leave.

Every time we've rented a cabana, we've had 7 people. We STILL have food and drinks left! You will only get amenities (floats, flippers, etc.) for four, but we found that to be no problem. I always book for the set 4 person cabana, but our family shares it.

I agree! We've had 8 people in a cabana before, and still had food and drinks leftover. We don't ask for any amenities for more than 4 people, but there is plenty to go around. The cabanas are well worth the money you spend. HMC in a cabana is heavenly!!