New Perspective on Cruising the Sun--Part Two!!

nadirsup

We board the Sun May 15 in San Francisco. We'll look for her!

We have about 100 registered for the Meet and Greet. It would be awesome to have a group photo. NCL did that for our groups a few times, but they charge for the photo (just like all the photos they take).

Our M&G is scheduled for Tuesday, May 15 in Las Ramblas. Hope she can make it!

nadirsup - were you able to contact your daughter? Members of our rollcall are very interested in a photo!

Please post if your daughter will be at our M&G. I'll be embarrassed if she's a no-show.

We board the Sun May 15 in San Francisco. We'll look for her!

We have about 100 registered for the Meet and Greet. It would be awesome to have a group photo. NCL did that for our groups a few times, but they charge for the photo (just like all the photos they take).

Our M&G is scheduled for Tuesday, May 15 in Las Ramblas. Hope she can make it!

sun tues may 16

maremike is correct. M&G is Tuesday, May 16, 11am. (What would I do without my friends to keep me in check?)

Hey Hey Cruisers!! The Sun and Casey have crossed the equator and are trudging north, leaving Corinto , on Nicaragua's northwest Pacific coast today (This is Nicaragua's largest and single Pacific cargo port for commercial shipping.), sidelining into her next concrete birth at Puerto Quetza, Guatemala--the largest Pacific Ocean port of Guatemala, before she makes a few quick stops in Mexico--The Port Chiapas and then Huatulco (aka Bahias de Huatulco), a beautiful port town and tourist development in Oaxaca, Mexico, south of Acapulco, and then after a couple of sea days into Cabo San Lucas. Two more days at sea and our girls will be getting WiFi in San Diego! Yeah!!!!!

Casey's last text to mom and dad was a mix of sad and happy--she loves South America and will miss her time there--but she is heading "home", to Alaskan FUN, where she first boarded the Sun in August of 2106.

And.... she is now THAT much closer to all of you on CC with embarkation dates coming up soon! Those of you following my thread and promising to say hello to Casey--I can not wait to hear her say "DAD! What did you do! All these people are saying hello to me!"

It is Casey's job as ships photographer to take YOUR pictures, but how amazing would it be for those cruising the Sun in the next few months to take a "selfie" with Casey--make her get in YOUR picture--and then post it here! Teheee.....

There's a lot of time left on her contract as she continues--Casey loves her job and I know those who meet her will see that. As we near the Cally coast and head north this will get more interesting, for certain!

And thanks again all for listening....

OceanDreaming--I will have contact with Casey soon and will do my utmost best to have her at your MnG! That goes for all meet and greets--communication with our girl has been spotty at best, but as we approach the Motherland, actual phone conversations will become more frequent....Sun ON!!!!

UPDATE::: Our Girls are in San Diego! It is 10:30 EST here in South Florida and we are waiting for Casey's first phone call in over two weeks! I will update her on our CC info--Mary (OceanDreaming2)--your big meet and greet is May 16th, 11:00am in LasRamblas, correct?

ljrfrm--with the hubby that WILL smile--I have your M-n-G July 4th 11:00am at LasRamblas ......Sparling are you at that meet and greet?

I have ohJinkies solo cruising on June 5th from Vancouver--73t9gl boarding June 26th from Seward presumably along side shukapaw? The HONEYMOON cruisers, johnsBride23 on July17th from Vancouver---iLovelucy July 10th from Seward (six peeps--great photo ops!) ....

OH, and Landl cruiser--your March of 2018 cruise will see Casey back on board after she finishes her current contract and takes on another.....And debnjoe, your end of September cruise will be around the time Casey finishes her current tour, so not certain if she will be aboard....

PHEW! Did I miss anyone?

Now that the Sun is in more "local" waters we will be able to speak more frequently with our little Rock Star....Please don't forget the "Best Selfie with Casey" contest (That I just made up but I know you all get it!)!! And thanks again so much for saying hello to Casey from mom and dad--it is really nice knowing we can reach out to her through fellow cruisers and put a smile on her face ....and as always, thanks for listening.....

Wow and thanks for all the replies and for the future shout outs to Casey! gravitar--what a great Idea--I will check with her but I see no reason why she could not shoot all the CC meet and greets! I think NCL would be amiss for not having a photographer at all CC meets. TO ALL:::If you have a scheduled meet and greet on the Sun before September let me know time and location and I will try to have Casey shoot it (Oh wait, I can just go to the meet and greet page for that, right? Dang, this newb is catching on!). :cool:

ljrfrm--Can I stack the deck and fore warn Casey about the couple boarding July 3rd and a hubby that does not smile? tehee.....I think I will....She loves a challenge!! ;p

debnjoe1438 Unfortunately for Casey she leaves the Sun in October before the PC transit, however she did cross it last October and we were able to visit her on the ship in Miami (We live in Fort Myers 2.5 hours from the Port.). AND she got to do it AGAIN after embarking Miami heading back to Mexico! She was so amazed to have done the transit not once but twice and really appreciated the opportunity. :D

The Sun is in the Falkland Islands today, Easter Sunday--the first Easter Sunday ever without our daughter and the first Easter we are not all together at Mom's coloring eggs (Yes, our family still colors eggs!) and eating a tremendous and wonderful meal. But no worries, I have the skills and will be making stuffed Cornish Game Hens with all the fixings (I know every one likes food pics in here, and I guess it's time I step up my game and figure out how to upload photos here--maybe I will "practice" that with tonight's dinner pics! tehee....I will probably be the first person to post non TRIP related pics of food in here...heh...).

Thanks again for listening all--sending love to Casey....and Happy Easter!!:halo:

Well we will be on the Sun for the 10 Glacier bay cruise so maybe we'll see her on that portion of our trip :D

UPDATE::: Our Girls are in San Diego! It is 10:30 EST here in South Florida and we are waiting for Casey's first phone call in over two weeks!

ljrfrm--with the hubby that WILL smile--I have your M-n-G July 4th 11:00am at LasRamblas ......Sparling are you at that meet and greet?

PHEW! Did I miss anyone?

Now that the Sun is in more "local" waters we will be able to speak more frequently with our little Rock Star....Please don't forget the "Best Selfie with Casey" contest (That I just made up but I know you all get it!)!! And thanks again so much for saying hello to Casey from mom and dad--it is really nice knowing we can reach out to her through fellow cruisers and put a smile on her face ....and as always, thanks for listening.....

YES!! My clan will be there. Not sure of all 8?? However I'm sure my three teens can get a great selfie with Casey no problem! Challenge accepted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm seriously considering booking the 9-day Alaska itinerary on the Sun in late May 2018, but very disappointed it doesn't go to Glacier Bay. I'm curious wht you and Casey think of the Sun's suitability to Alaska weather and whether she'd recommend a longer cruise with more ports but missing GB. Thanks!

We just booked the 26 May 2018 cruise. We have enjoyed the Sun in the past and are looking forward to another adventure with NCL.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2433761

Mary your Meet and Greet is covered! Casey will be there--I can not wait to hear back from her and from you and all the others! OMGoodness, this gives me and my wife such warm fuzzies knowing you all are going to be able to meet her and say hello! Thanks again to all! (I have a list of every one who posts MnG times and locations for Casey to show up an take photos for the future! Thanks All!

[attach]406127[/attach]

Okay so as promised, my first attempt at posting pics! Tehee...this is Casey last year--"posing" as cruise member for your photos on the rail....I have to get the Easter Bunny pic uploaded--it's too cute! For now lets see what happens when I SUBMIT! Heh.....

I remember that face! We were on the Sun end of August 2017. We were given a 50 photo perk and wondered what we would do with that! Well the kids on the Sun were so much fun . We managed to use the allotment - some were so funny- me driving a team of Itidarod dogs, husband pushing me into a bear,etc. I have some photos of Casey too!

We thought the group of photographers on the Sun were the friendliest we've met!

Nadisup, could you ask Casey if a waiter by the name of George is still on the ship. We meet George in 2012 on a 12 day cruise from Miami to Columbia and back to Miami. Then in 2015 when we went to Alaska, we were pleasantly surprised to see George was still on the ship. Last trip he was working in the Italian restaurant.

Thanks

Hello all! As the Sun casually makes her way up the coastal shores of North America, picking up and dropping off happy cruisers, back at home here in south Florida Casey's brother graduated graduated High School this weekend. She really wished she could have been here, but as the Sun does not stop moving neither could she....

Mary--Casey was sorry not to make your groups MnG--she was on a very long work week and had crashed out and slept through--My wife and I just spoke with her from Skagway-- they are sooo busy and any down time is spent in the bunk catching up on sleep! I did learn that Cruise Critic scheduled meet and greet times and locations are given to the staff--it seems that NCL values our CC patrons!--and Casey did say she will do her best to be at future events....

poly3503--that is so amazing--I would LOVE to see some of those pictures on here! It is neat hearing you say that about the staff--Casey truly loves her job and anyone who has had her take their picture will agree!

Debnjoe--I sent a text to Casey asking about George and will let you know what she says...your cruise is the end of September when Casey finishes her 2nd tour--I hope she is still on board when you board!

With school finished and summer upon us things are slowing down here sunny So Fla....ty ty ! Me and my wife can get back to the uncrowded golf courses where we will battle the heat, rain and our rusty swings as Casey and the Sun enjoy the "frigid" Alaskan air. And for everyone awaiting future embarkation dates on the Sun I will again thank you in advance for saying hello to her from us....

Debnjoe--I sent a text to Casey asking about George and will let you know what she says...your cruise is the end of September when Casey finishes her 2nd tour--I hope she is still on board when you board!

With school finished and summer upon us things are slowing down here sunny So Fla....ty ty ! Me and my wife can get back to the uncrowded golf courses where we will battle the heat, rain and our rusty swings as Casey and the Sun enjoy the "frigid" Alaskan air. And for everyone awaiting future embarkation dates on the Sun I will again thank you in advance for saying hello to her from us....

Thank you, look forward to hearing whether or not George is still on the ship.

I sailed the Sun on its first trip in 2001, a one night out of Boston . Loved the ship.

Tomorrow is my wife's and mine 40th. I will be giving her our Alaska 11 day cruise in June 2018. 380 days, but who is counting.

Mary--Casey was sorry not to make your groups MnG--she was on a very long work week and had crashed out and slept through--My wife and I just spoke with her from Skagway-- they are sooo busy and any down time is spent in the bunk catching up on sleep! I did learn that Cruise Critic scheduled meet and greet times and locations are given to the staff--it seems that NCL values our CC patrons!--and Casey did say she will do her best to be at future events....

We met Casey during embarkation and asked if she'd be able to shoot a few photos at the Meet and Greet. So we were disappointed when she didn't come afterall. We spoke afterwards and all is good. She leads a frantic lifestyle! We just think the photographers walk around taking pictures and chatting with guests. After they finish up with photo shoots, they go behind the scenes and develop all those photographs working long hours.

It was unfortunate we only got our M&G group together that one time.

• 1 month later...

Wow and just wow---way to go newATL!! you made me and my wife's day! Amazing! And glad to hear that Casey took some good photos for your family. For all the hours EVERYONE on a cruise ship works, and to be able to maintain such a positive attitude and SMILE like they do--it is why we all love cruising....We miss our little rock star so much, and this Alaskan leg has been her busiest by far, but to see your picture with her and the smiles on both of your faces....again....this is what cruising is all about. Thanks sooo much for posting newATL!

It was my pleasure. Casey was very professional and also made us laugh and smile during the session. We all enjoyed meeting her. She also shared how excited she has been to see new places including specifically Brazil. She clearly loves her job!

• 2 weeks later...

Casey took our embarkation photo which was very hurried due to my darling daughter leaving her phone in a bathroom all the way at check in so no photo with the 3 teens☹️She was a busy gal on the Sun. I caught her a few times behind the counter and then taking photos at ports and in the dining rooms! You have a very talented daughter and I can tell in your writing how proud!

Cool cool Sparling!! Thank you for the update. Yeah, this contract run is kicking Casey's butt of late--she has been Soooo busy! We can usually talk once a week when she is in "American" waters, but not of late....And yeah, it still amazes me of all the photos she sends us--she is ALWAYS beaming with smiles....as busy as she is, she really LOVES her job on the Sun....Thanks again to you and every one else keeping mom and dad updated and giving US a "different perspective" from the Sun......