Help! Steakhouse bar question

krisbtr

I know I have read where the steakhouse bar has a great wine list. And even if you're not eating there, you can still go to the bar. I'm in the conquest now and am being told it's restricted to guests dining there!

I'm just trying to get some clarification.

I understand that but if 100 people responded and said "the person that told you that is wrong, anyone can use the steakhouse bar" where exactly does it get you? I doubt that it would have any impact on the staff if you showed them the thread. I suppose you could speak to the Hotel Director or the Steakhouse Manager to verify what you were told but that is the only clarification that might actually help you.

The bar would probably be over-run if they didn't keep it for just the guests dining there.....so get a reservation!

The OP is not too far off base, I've read that the steakhouse bar was open to everyone, not just steakhouse guests. Maybe it's only open to everyone when the steakhouse is closed.

I always thought it was for those dining in the steakhouse. We have occasionally arrived early and either ask if we could wait in the bar or it was suggested before we could ask. The area is small on each of the ships I have sailed. I can't imagine it would be open to everyone. It would quickly be overrun. Now before I have ten people tell me they have gone to the Steakhouse Bar when not eating there. Yes, I am sure you have. Just because it is allowed occasionally does not mean it is the rule. We had an 8 day cruise on the Miracle with reservations to eat in the steakhouse 4 nights. I am sure if I had showed up on night 7 and said I just wanted to get a drink at the bar they would have welcomed me. I would also expect if I showed up on a night that had a greater then normal unbooked tables I might have been welcomed regardless if I had dined there or not.

There is obviously some flexibility in Carnivals policy. Krisbtr I did not take your post as a complaint but rather just an attempt to inform. Hope the rest of your cruise is wonderful.

It says the file is too big for uploading a screenshot, but Heald posted in 2016 that you are welcome to enjoy a drink at the Steakhouse Bar. So, it shouldn't be a ship rule that you aren't allowed to and I find it funny that Carnival said that has always been the policy in response to you.