Carseats and shuttles

Car seats are required in FLA for infants and toddlers. I'm not a lawyer so I cannot quote you the specific requirement - assume if you need them in your state you'll need them in FLA. Be smart and safe - the laws of physics apply all over the world.

What city? What airport? What port? :confused:

Without these details it is hard to provide you with advice on specific providers.

You might also check the family cruise board - use the search function to see how others have tackled the same issues.

Miami. I've read some boards that say some shuttles can't even have car seats in them so just wondering what the typical airport shuttle situation kind of was down there. I know the Houston shuttles to the ports didn't allow car seats nor did our ones in Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's the applicable Florida statute: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.613.html.

Note section (6) at the bottom of the page (I highlighted the last sentence):

(6) The child restraint requirements imposed by this section do not apply to a chauffeur-driven taxi, limousine, sedan, van, bus, motor coach, or other passenger vehicle if the operator and the motor vehicle are hired and used for the transportation of persons for compensation.
It is the obligation and responsibility of the parent, guardian, or other person responsible for a child’s welfare as defined in s.
to comply with the requirements of this section

Here's the applicable Florida statute: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.613.html.

Note section (6) at the bottom of the page (I highlighted the last sentence):

(6) The child restraint requirements imposed by this section do not apply to a chauffeur-driven taxi, limousine, sedan, van, bus, motor coach, or other passenger vehicle if the operator and the motor vehicle are hired and used for the transportation of persons for compensation.
It is the obligation and responsibility of the parent, guardian, or other person responsible for a child’s welfare as defined in s.
to comply with the requirements of this section

Thank u! Very helpful! Didn't want to lug car seats across country and then on a ship for a 5 minute ride and then not even b able to use them

Some of the hotel and car rental shuttles use large van/bus vehicles, and the cruise transfer bus has no seat belts - neither will require car seats; not sure you could hook them in even If you had them.

Taxis and Ubers are popular in Miami and will require car seats. You'll also need the car seats for taxis at your ports.

Only a few MIA airport hotels/motels offer both airport and port shuttles. La Quinta East is a budget option often suggested; nicer hotels in a nicer area are found in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.)

Some of the hotel and car rental shuttles use large van/bus vehicles, and the cruise transfer bus has no seat belts - neither will require car seats; not sure you could hook them in even If you had them.

Taxis and Ubers are popular in Miami and will require car seats. You'll also need the car seats for taxis at your ports.

Only a few MIA airport hotels/motels offer both airport and port shuttles. La Quinta East is a budget option often suggested; nicer hotels in a nicer area are found in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.)

Thank u! Very helpful!