Equinox - Summer Caribbean - Teens?

T^2

I've tried the search function and didn't see anything, so ...

A couple of years ago, we went on a family cruise on Summit with two young 20-somehting family members during spring break. The "youngsters" enjoyed the cruise, but I am not sure they found more than a handful of folks under about 30. We are considering a larger family expedition next summer with my siblings and their children (10 and 12). I can't say I even remember seeing anyone this young on our last cruise.

Does anyone have "recent" experience on the Equinox Caribbean cruise, as related to the 10 to 13 year old range? If there are more than a couple of youngsters on the cruise? Does Celebrity offer access to the kids area, even if there are only a couple of kids in each age group?

In spite of my family making fun of me and my spreadsheets comparing options, with "today's" perks from Celebrity, it is significantly less expensive than RCL and Princess that I am researching. Less expensive versus youngsters going crazy or driving the adults crazy.

Thanks!

I'm bringing my teen daughter on a Celebrity Cruise on Equinox on June 18th. Celebrity does have the X-Club for teens, but imho to a degree the relatively few teens on Celebrity need to be able to entertain themselves....

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/family-fun-cruise

For us I chose Celebrity in part because it does not have a "spring break" vibe. It's going to be a quieter and more sophisticated ship than Carnival, RC, etc.

Edited by benjaminhuf

If your kids are active then I would say RCL is better coice for that age group. I have been on most lines but with Celebrity it has always been just my wife and me and this seems to be the standard. Not many kids or active opportunities, especially if you have sea days. Also, NCL is nice with kids too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app