Seeking adventure ocean experience review on Harmony

HI all,

We are sailing on Harmony in a few weeks and my wife and I are wondering if there is anyone out there who wouldn't mind telling us about their experience with AO on Harmony? We have an almost 4 year old and 7 year old and are would like for them to participate. I am also wondering if they give out phones or anyway to check in for all age groups? Are the staff friendly? Is there adequate staffing? I have tried to search the forums for this info but have been unsuccessful. Any info is greatly appreciated!

HI all,

We are sailing on Harmony in a few weeks and my wife and I are wondering if there is anyone out there who wouldn't mind telling us about their experience with AO on Harmony? We have an almost 4 year old and 7 year old and are would like for them to participate. I am also wondering if they give out phones or anyway to check in for all age groups? Are the staff friendly? Is there adequate staffing? I have tried to search the forums for this info but have been unsuccessful. Any info is greatly appreciated!

We were just recently on Harmony with extended family that included our 3 year old grandson.

Your 4 year old will be in Aquanauts and 7 year old will be in Explorers.

Yes...they give you a phone so they can contact you if necessary.

Very adequate staffing...amazing professionals....the program was great. You and your little's will love the Adventure Ocean Program.

Any other particular questions..would be happy to answer.

Thank you so much for sharing! This puts us at ease to hear you had a great experience! Not sure you had this issue but..if your child wants to leave would they call you? Also- are they open during dinner times? We actually have a wonderland reservation from 6-8 and I just found an AO compass that says that they are only open 2-5 and 7-9. I THiNK I saw that they sometimes take the kids to windjammer but I am not sure how I feel about my kids leaving that area...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for sharing! This puts us at ease to hear you had a great experience! Not sure you had this issue but..if your child wants to leave would they call you? Also- are they open during dinner times? We actually have a wonderland reservation from 6-8 and I just found an AO compass that says that they are only open 2-5 and 7-9. I THiNK I saw that they sometimes take the kids to windjammer but I am not sure how I feel about my kids leaving that area...

No we didn't have this problem...but they did call once when he had a minor accident (as he was sitting on the potty..straight shot forward if you know what I mean) and needed to take a pair of dry pants.

On the nights we used AO we would take him just before 5:30pm for their Adventure Dining (this is offered every night). They took the kids there as a group to the WJ....We checked this out and found they kept them in the closed off side of the WJ..away from the view and access of anyone other than the staff that was with them...all at one table and served by the waitstaff (no walking around and getting their own food) it was well controlled. After eating they would take them back to AO and this would just segway into the evening activities planned.

I think once you get onboard and see the Kids Daily Planner (just like the cruise compass that's left in your cabin each night) and the amazing staff and facilities you and your little's will love and definitely use this program. ENJOY !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ashland, would you mind sharing what you did at the ports with your grandchild? I have tried searching for cruisers experience with their children in Port but haven't had much luck!

If anyone sees this post- I would love to hear any tips/advice on cruising with kiddos (mine are 7 and "almost" 4) [emoji16] and fun things to do in port (we are sailing soon and are heading to Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel! )