Hello from Maasdam, Live from St. Thomas

marybeach

Hi from the Maasdam. It's been a bit rough at sea, but the ship is wonderful. The upgrade fairy suprised us at check-in with a balcony cabin and we are very much enjoying the space. The food is plentiful and good. So good, that a young man at the table next to us ordered at least 5 entrees last night. I thought the waiter would choke! And, he seemed to eat most of it!

Shy says hello to everyone. He was getting off the ship to call his wife today. He is so pleasant, and like everyone says, he knows your name from day 1. He has also found and introduced us to BooBoo29 and her husband. We found RebelJohn and Phyllis, and they are so nice. They found Monocacy, and he is at their dinner table.

Pinnacle Grill was great, but I was disappointed with the Volanco Cake, it was like a brownie, not soft in the center at all. The special baked Alaska made up for it....cherries jubilee flamed table-side.

The Captain made the remark the first formal night that oranges and the like were not appropriate for the sewer system. Apparently the flood three weeks ago was due to some man trying to see if it would work. It didn't. Now we know the rest of the story.

I'm borrowing the computer at Doubloon's in Havensight. They have free drinks...I'm having a "banana bender." The free diet coke downtown at "my jewelers" cost me a small fortune. I asked for another dc on the way out!

I'll try to check in again in St. Maarten or San Juan. We are only there til 12:30, not 7:00. The Captain also warned people not to be late getting back....that has also caused the ship to get back to Norfolk late.

I'm going to finish my cocktail and shop some more! Later.;)

Thank you so much for taking the time from your trip to post for us. I appreciate all that you can share as we will be on the Maasdam on December 17!

There are some pretty wild rumors about the Maasdam flying on the Boards today so it is good to hear a positive report from someone actually there. If you have the time, I would appreciate continued updates but please, do not ruin your trip keeping us happy!

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm glad you are enjoying your cruise. Congrats on the upgrade! I bet that was a nice surprise. I'm on the next sailing and am glad to hear all is going well on the ship. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thanks so much for posting during your cruise! We just got off, and husband keeps telling me to call the Maasdam and find out who's in our cabin! You're not in 158 are you? Please tell Shy Frank and Jane said hello and maybe we'll be back next year! There was a backed up toilet problem on our cruise but we were not affected by it, just got a letter in the cabin on what not to flush down the commode! Enjoy your cruise! What time were you able to get on the ship, know we were late getting off.

Archived