Martini Potency

Ships R Great

Can anyone rank martinis by their strength, i.e. weakest to strongest?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;9;7;16;00;00&timezone=EST-0800

<marquee width = 45%> Century Nov/00---Norway June/01---Monarch Oct/01---Grandeur Nov/01---Mercury May/02---Horizon Feb/03---Century July/03---Zenith Nov/03---Zenith Apr/04---Constellation Sept/04</marquee>

I have a printout of some of the Martini recipes and most call for 3 oz of gin/vodka or whatever the major liquor is, plus 1 oz of the "other" liquor, which equals 4 oz. of booze!

Such as the "Century Martini" calls for

3 oz. Absolut Vodka,

1 oz Blue Curacao and a dash of lemon juice.

Now the Apple Martini calls for different amounts, but it equals 4 oz. liquor.

1.5 oz Van Gough Wild Apple,

1.5 oz Apple Pucker Schnapps

1 oz Cointreau

You'll have to look at the Martini menu, which gives you the kinds of liquor used in each drink and decide which ones have the highest "proof" to determine which ones are the most potent! icon_biggrin.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrendaJ:

Don't know - but I do know that two Crantini's on the Infinity a few months back had me doing my "white trash in formal wear" routine.

icon_wink.gifBrenda<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Brenda icon_biggrin.gif

The menu doesn't list a "Crantini" but it does have:

Cosmopolitan

3 oz Absolut Vodka

1 oz Cointreau

dash of cranberry juice

That would do it! icon_wink.gif

One Martini is enough--then you add wine with dinner! A good time in the making icon_wink.gif

Char

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lsimon:

Char - Are those the Celebrity martini recipes?

Love to get those! We "discovered" martini's on our Summit cruise last March.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, they are from the Martini menu. I got your email and sent you what I have in 2 attachments. You can pretty much play around with the amounts to get the taste you want. Be sure to shake, shake, shake icon_biggrin.gif

Char

What about less potent martinis? Are there any?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;9;7;16;00;00&timezone=EST-0800

<marquee width = 45%> Century Nov/00---Norway June/01---Monarch Oct/01---Grandeur Nov/01---Mercury May/02---Horizon Feb/03---Century July/03---Zenith Nov/03---Zenith Apr/04---Constellation Sept/04</marquee>

Good grief....a less potent martini....burn them at the stack!!! By definition...at least my definition icon_eek.gif....martinis are straight booze. Why screw up perfectly good gin or vodka with something else. Now, a coral lemon drop....well, that's a drink of a whole different kind. Wife is making them based on a recipe given to her by Michael in the Crow's Nest. Wow!! A couple of those the way she fixes them and to heck with a cruise. icon_biggrin.gif

Until Galaxy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;3;21;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

You can ask the bartender and he will direct you !

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

Char - you're right, it was called a Cosmopolitan. Funny though - I ordered what they called a Cosmopolitan in Jamaica once and it was horrendous. On the Infinity, a whole different ballgame - delicious! As for those Chocolate Creme martini's - to die for! That is the one with the chocolate sauce swirled around to decorate the glass, right?

861905374103_0_ALB.jpg

Gosh - it's 10:00 a.m. and I could go for one right now!

Brenda

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrendaJ:

Char - you're right, it was called a Cosmopolitan. Funny though - I ordered what they called a Cosmopolitan in Jamaica once and it was horrendous. On the Infinity, a whole different ballgame - delicious! As for those Chocolate Creme martini's - to die for! That is the one with the chocolate sauce swirled around to decorate the glass, right?

Brenda<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OHHH that looks good! icon_biggrin.gif I didn't see one like that--I'll have to try it in September!

Char

Archived