Colosseum ? For Underground and Third Ring- Urgent!

DENNAS

May tickets go on sale tomorrow at 3:00 a.m. Eastern time- I'm getting up!

I'll book the underground and third ring tour-

My question is: website says for this tour it is necessary to buy the Colosseum entrance ticket at the 'Reservation Desk'. I know I need the regular entrance ticket too and I see that I can buy these online as well. That was my plan- to get both tickets tomorrow - choose the specific tour time and date FIRST! I guess I want to make sure I don't have to buy the regular entrance ticket when I'm physically there in person!?? When I read (online) 'Reservation Desk' I was thinking an 'at site' - and 'in person'? Hope I'm making sense. Thanks.

I purchased both the tour and the general admission tickets online at the same time.

They were in separate sections of the website.

You may wish to try a dummy transaction for a date that is currently on sale.

This may also be helpful:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k10197310-How_to_book_the_underground_colosseum_tour_2017-Rome_Lazio.html

Thanks to Dennas, I went to check out buying tour tickets in anticipation of my visit to Rome this coming August. I see that there are 2 sets of tickets available to purchase. One says "Underground and 3rd Ring Tour - English - Reservation Fee" for 11 pounds. The other says "FREE Underground and 3rd Ring Tour - English - Reservation Fee for 2 pounds. What is the difference between these two reservations? Do we need to purchase both?

For a child under 12 choose the 2 euros tour option. Kids under 12 will tour for free but when you book your free tickets online you'll pay the 2 euros reservation fees for each ticket you book. If you are not a child choose the 11 Euro option.

Has the page for the tickets crashed? This is quite frustrating. I just checked it this morning and it seemed like every day has been filled up for May.

May have. I went on between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m., for the 'May' tickets - I originally couldn't get them. Site kept spinning. When I finally had my 3 tickets in my cart around 5 this morning and was 'checking out' the system crashed again - I was near tears. I checked both dates that we could go (at the end of May), one last time and it said none available. I went back to bed. This morning I figured I would check once more and lo and behold, the one day that I wanted was still sold out but the following day had tickets so I grabbed my 3- I'm all set for the 9:40 English tour!

Remember you can only buy for May right now. Whatever may be left. It's one month at a time. June goes on sale in mid May. The exact Monday 'date' is on the website, Good Luck!

Yes, it does fill up very fast. You can still try and do the the night tour if your dates are filled up.

http://www.coopculture.it/en/ticket.cfm?office=La%20luna%20sul%20Colosseo&id=0&evento=177

Alternatively, you can try to book a different language. You won't fully understand the tour guide, but at least you get to see the underground.

Yes, it does fill up very fast. You can still try and do the the night tour if your dates are filled up.

http://www.coopculture.it/en/ticket.cfm?office=La%20luna%20sul%20Colosseo&id=0&evento=177

Alternatively, you can try to book a different language. You won't fully understand the tour guide, but at least you get to see the underground.

Sigh, I am not sure what to do. I did not expect this tour to fill up so fast. Can't say I am not disappointed. The night tour is only 30 minutes and there is no third level admittance. I guess I could do a tour in another language, I wonder if there are headsets for the underground tour in English?

Sigh, I am not sure what to do. I did not expect this tour to fill up so fast. Can't say I am not disappointed. The night tour is only 30 minutes and there is no third level admittance. I guess I could do a tour in another language, I wonder if there are headsets for the underground tour in English?

Are you going in May? Check a few more times over the next day or two or whatever. The ticket availability seems to change. This morning for May 30th, there were no tickets, and this afternoon there were several times slots with 2 each. I was annoyed but it really didn't matter since I needed three anyway. We got our tickets for the 31st of May which wasn't perfect ( for our own schedule of events each day- lol ) but hey- we will make it work... and flip stuff around and it's much less expensive than taking a 'private tour company' tour ! Good Luck!

Are you going in May? Check a few more times over the next day or two or whatever. The ticket availability seems to change. This morning for May 30th, there were no tickets, and this afternoon there were several times slots with 2 each. I was annoyed but it really didn't matter since I needed three anyway. We got our tickets for the 31st of May which wasn't perfect ( for our own schedule of events each day- lol ) but hey- we will make it work... and flip stuff around and it's much less expensive than taking a 'private tour company' tour ! Good Luck!

Yes, in May, from the 14 to the 19th. I will try to check again later.

The skip the line (entrance tickets) are free for 17 and under? Am I reading that correctly? I just need to pay 14 euro for adults.

If so, the 2 euro I still need to pay for the 17 and under correct?

This question is for entrance only not the underground .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums