car rentals Maui amd Kauai

Bos2017

Hello!

Sailing date is getting closer for POA. I have read much online and even called the airports about the shuttle bus service in Maui and Kauai. In Maui I am using Dollar rental. In Kauai I am using Budget. It depends on who answers the phone as to what I am told about the shuttle service. There is still confusion about the shuttles with online readers.

I was told both companies offered service back and forth from the airport to the pier until a certain hour. In the morning the shuttles circle the pier until 11:00am. If this information is not correct ,please advise. Also can one park the car near each pier or must I leave it when not in use at the airport?

Thanks!:cool:

Also can one park the car near each pier or must I leave it when not in use at the airport?

Thanks!:cool:

There is no legal overnight parking near the dock in Kahului, Maui. The best option at the moment is to park in the parking lot at Kahului airport. If you haven't done so already, search the subject on the CC Hawaii Message Board.

Last May in Maui after driving the road to Hana we parked at the airport and used the shuttle back to the pier around 8PM. We then used a 24 hour taxi service to pick us up at the nearby strip mall in the wee hours to take us back to the airport and drive up Haleakala to see the sunrise! I believe we found the shuttle hours on discount Hawaii car rentals web site and found the 24 hour taxi service through google. Enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums