Cruise Critic Pin

In the Pink

I have never actually participated in a CC event onboard (or even known if one was arranged) but this is probably similar to the little pins that HAL gives out to their repeat cruisers with a certain number of sailing days. We have their cloisonne pins and no, I do not wear mine. They also give out large Mariner buttons to all repeat passengers. These are SUPPOSED to designate their return customers for, I don't know, some special treatment, I guess.

On our last HAL cruise, there was a nice older lady who wore hers every day. I didn't think much of it other than the fact that maybe she was proud of her repeat status. Then we went to the Mariner Party where they recognize past passengers with the most sailing days, and she was called up for one of the medals on a ribbon they give out to passengers with hundreds of days! I was suprised she'd choose to wear that cheap button rather than her medal or cloisonne pin if she wanted to be recognized as a return passenger!

Archived