Young Kids On Summit

Apc874

We were on board with Captain Alex last summer. He has a young daughter, who was on board. He totally charmed my daughter and always remembered her name. Also, all the waiters in the dining room doted on her. Many of the crew are away from their own children, and are happy to engage with little ones.

According to my kids, the kids club on the Summit was "pure torture". They forced my kids to go outside and play during a rainstorm just because "it was a scheduled activity". I can't believe they did that and I had no idea because they didn't let them communicate with me until I picked them up. That was our last ever experience with a kids club.

There is usually a ton of children on in the Summer. The best kids club experiences my kids have had have actually been when there are few children on the ship (longer cruises/winter cruises). They can choose what they want to to instead of being confined to a schedule, they can actually form relationships with the managers there, and they can form better friendships with the other children.

If not, they just cram 200 or so kids in a room and put a movie on that every kid has seen at least 100 times. Or, they let them run around like crazy outside (rain or shine).