Embarkation

AFuncruiser

We are sailing on Elation May 1st. Is it true that the Jacksonville terminal doors will not open until 1:00?

I am accustom to arriving at 11:00 and boarding at 11:30. I have Platinum status and understand the assigned times do no apply and we have priority.

Is this a new enforced policy..

Dennis

Jacksonville, Fl

629 days at sea

71 cruises

14 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii,Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon,Alaska

DH and I have cruised a number of times from Jacksonville (also Platinums) when we lived in N. FL and never experienced a late terminal opening like 1pm. We always arrived at 11am or so, but it's been a couple of years since we moved to the Tampa area and maybe the Jax Port boarding policy has changed since then.

DH and I have cruised a number of times from Jacksonville (also Platinums) when we lived in N. FL and never experienced a late terminal opening like 1pm. We always arrived at 11am or so, but it's been a couple of years since we moved to the Tampa area and maybe the Jax Port boarding policy has changed since then.

Thank you I am afraid it has..:(

Dennis

All ports are suppose to have "staggered check in time", I am booked on the Elation for October 21 and unable to choose a time, called Carnival and they have no idea why. How long ago did you book this cruise and when did your staggered check in time open for you to choose, curoious.

We have taken a number of cruises out of Jacksonville since its our getaway last minute cruise and only 40 minutes to the pier, we usually arrive around 10am but told to come back as they were not allowing cars to enter the parking lot at that time, your answer is 10:30 should be fine and definitely by 10:45. The worst case you go to I believe there is a Wendy's there and have a coffee and wait for the time they tell you, but honestly, in all the cruises I have taken from that port, we always parked around 10:30 or so.