Celebrity Reflection January 2018

BubbaLuvin

Just booked this cruise for January. I have only been on a Carnival Cruise before, so this is my first Celebrity Cruise. I'm a bit nervous as I have read although this is a class above a Carnival cruise that the Celebrity Cruise Reflection is a bit boring and the entertainment is lacking. We will make the most out of it, as this was the only cruise leaving the dates I needed.

Is it boring? How ridiculously crowded were the pools? I read that it was so overwhelming crowded as it's a large ship and they didn't provide a big enough pool.

We have sailed on 7 diff lines since 1987, and the Reflection is our favorite ship! The production shows on Celebrity have never been one of their strong points.

If we wanted Broadway, that is where we would go.

There are 2700-2800 passengers, so there is no physical way to build a pool on a ship that they all can sit around and get in at the same time:o There are enough loungers spread out on the decks for most that want to bake can do so, then take the short 43 second stroll to the pool to take a dip.

FYI: if pool games and wet T- shirt contests are a Premium item on your vacation, you are correct. You will be board.

We actually didn't see wet shirt contests and such at the pool on Carnival, although they did have that... it just wasn't at the pool we lounged at.

Carnival's night entertainment was spectacular. The shows were AMAZING, the comedy was great too except for 1 comedian.

It's nice to hear this is your favorite ship. I am looking forward to it. Maybe we should bring some games.

I was an avid Carnival cruiser for years until I tried Celebrity late last year. I loved it, and have booked more with my third coming in November.

More often than not the cruise lines will be similar. I understand the boring comment, but I choose to see it as more relaxing on board.

Carnival wins hands down with evening entertainment and even day time activities. The comedians, shows(which aren't good, but consistent), parties, lots of trivia, and arts and crafts it seems like there is always something to do.

On Celebrity there will be some kind of show every night ran at 19:00 and 21:00. Some will be done by the ships entertainment staff while half or so will be guest entertainers that they bring on. No comedy at all like you get on Carnival, they may bring one on as a special entertainer, and they may do a late PG13 style show. Celebrity does parties styled as the silent disco(originally from Bonaroo), you put head phones on and what you want to dance too. Trivia is definitely lacking on X, you may get one at 09:30, you then get one at 15:00 and 15:30 and finally there may be a trivia/game show event at 22:00. You also may get speakers during the day to give lectures on the area of the world your visiting.

Where X wins is in the refinement and calmness of the cruise. They focus on the ports and getting the most out of them. Use the ship as a place to relax and take in the experience of a cruise. You'll offer get overnights and longer port times on X. This is really what has won me over. Instead of feeling rushed to try and do and see everything it's taught me to slow down and just live in the moment, there's no rush. You also don't get those annoying announcements on X like with Carnival. Usually around 10:00 the captain will make an announcement and the CD usually says a few words too. There may, and it's a big may, be one other announcement from the CD. I only heard that twice and once it was just to let us know you could see dolphins on one side if the ship.

The food is very similar with X getting the edge. The passengers tend to be a little older on X so it may not be as rambunctious as a Carnival cruise, but doesn't mean they don't want to have a good time either.

Overall a cruise is a cruise and you make of it what you make of it. If you want to have a bad time you definitely can, if you want to be carefree you should go for it, or if you want sit back to people watch, snicker, and then complain about how the cruise industry is changing for the worse, you will be like 80% of the people here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I agree for the most part with theriac. We are platinum on Carnival and after our X cruise this fall we will move up a level with X. We have sailed on nearly every line except Disney and HAL. Sometimes comfort is in familiarity. We enjoy both lines and look for the best price.